• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New build- Lian Li

crsdawg

n00b
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Messages
4
I just finished up (more of less) my new comp and wanted to see what ppl thought of my wire management. The build isn't complet as I'm waiting for a fanbus...but beside that I'm ready to go.

This was a time consuming job as I sleeved all my cables, had to re-sleeve and extend a couple fan hook-ups, did my best to hide the wiring (ran a couple runs behind the mother board tray), and mounted my h/d backwards. There is always little problems, to mount the hsf the way I wanted, I had to grind in a little notch to circumvent a capacitor.

Although I would like to do something about the wiring that sits below the h/d, all in all I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

ll9


ll11


ll7


ll6


ll1


ll2


ll5


ll14


ll3
 
Was this your first time doing wire management? Its good job, excellent pictures. Nice case and what are the specs of your new build.
 
Not the first time...but it has been a while. To give an idea, last I worked on a build that was concerned with wire management we had to round the ide cables ourselves...

As for the specs, it's not a smoking fast machine, but it's not a total slacker either. Considering this is replacing a P4 Prescott and Radeon 9700...it will feel like a rocket ship to me.

Lian Li PC-A08
Abit IP35-E
Intel E6600 w/ Tuniq Tower 120
KFA 8800GT
TT Toughpower 1000
4gb OCZ ddr2 pc 6400
 
The wire management looks great IMO. You always want at least some wires showing, and the black wire sleeving really makes it look good. That style Lian-Li is one of the harder cases to wire manage, and you did an excellent job. Keep it clean, and maybe even throw a white cathode hidden in there. That would make it look really good. (I see you have a cathode sitting on the table.. I think.. but I don't see it in the build pictures.)
 
Too bad that without cutting few holes you can't do so nice wire management in this case. I got nearly same case (PC-A09 - the only difference to this case is that it's fully black or silver depending on your color selection). Btw, you can hide the power cable for HDD - there is a hole near the HDD tray at back side, so you can route that cable behind the front cover. Just look at my cable routing in "rate my cables" thread.
 
You got about 600 extra watts there, bud. ;)

Nice build. Cable management is clean, and nice job not giving up when the Tuniq wouldn't fit how you wanted.
 
Yeah, this case does not have a lot going for it when it comes to routing wires, I think it is worth the extra effort tho. This was my first Lian LI followed by a couple $48 rockefish full towers that I picked up a few days after it arrived and they have done nothing but impress me with build quality and looks...I lean towards the understated so LL style suits me.

W1retap- I'm playing around with the lighting scheme. All the fans have blue leds (I will be able to turn all but the hsf led on/off) so I'm going to see how that looks before I put in the CC. Your right tho, it needs some lighting, it's kinda drab atm.

Faug- I'll check out your thread, thanks. I'm waiting for 90 degree sata power connector ends along with the baybus...once those get here I'm going to redo the cables going to the h/d. I'm not happy with how that area looks.

S/C- lol, you are right...Tdub (guy on the forums here) gave me the hook up with the psu (and the cpu). Otherwise I'd be running with something a lot less powerful, at least that part of the build is future proof.
 
This was my first Lian LI followed by a couple $48 rockefish full towers that I picked up a few days after it arrived and they have done nothing but impress me with build quality and looks...I lean towards the understated so LL style suits me.

I gone into other way (in financial terms). I bought PC-A09, and now i'm just waiting for my PC-V1000 Plus II Black :-D
 
Nicely done! I'm a sucker for nicely wired Lian Lis. I would definitely classify that as "smokin' fast." Conroe, G80, P35, 4GB RAM...

What's that guitar in the background of the first pic? Look like Grover kidney tuners so it may be a Les Paul copy but the inlays are dot so I'm thinkin' it's an acoustic.
 
Fantastic job!!! I have a suggestion that would make it look way better if you don't mind making some holes. I can see you are OCD about computers like I am, by the way you laid everything out and by the excellent CM job.

Near the bottom, behind the MB, and not visible from frontal view, I would vut some slots so I could routs all those lower cable behind the MB tray. That would clear up that entire mess on the bottom, and look outstanding. Also I would sleeve, shrinkwrap, or however you wanted the main power cable and power for the video card. Then if you wanted you could coil them together or even drill a hole right next to them for an even cleaner look.

Man, you got lots of options in that case to almost completely hide all the wiring. It looks outstanding as it is, just a couple suggestions from a WM freak.
 
faug- I took a long look at the V series (great case btw), PC-75 types, and also silverstones JT07...but decided I needed something smaller...I planned to get one of those later once I started on a server I've been thinking about...but then the Rocketfish deal landed in my lap. It's a pretty decent case and the price was too good to pass up. (Last time I was at BB in Springfield, Mo...they still had several left at $47.99)

BH- not sure about the tuniq yet, still haven't got it running...it would bug me too much to have it sitting on my desk, unfinished long enough to install a operating system (it's a sickness). I'll be doing a bit of over clocking once I'm going (as high as I can and still keep the rig quiet) and I'll update here when I get some numbers.

Buff- that guitar is an old Yamaha I bought at a hole in the wall pawn shop about 6 months ago when I first started playing (although it is a stretch calling what I do "playing")...I picked it up for $45 bucks and thought I had robbed the guy, got home and realized the neck had been broken and reset, lol. Still it was a good repair and an ok deal...although I'm ready for something better now. Nice eye on the tuners...they are grover wannabes (by Yamaha).

baleedit- Ya know I fought myself about putting the holes in the case for those lower cables...I was afraid this was going to turn into a never ending project...I have a feeling when it comes time to rearrange things once my parts get in, I will reconsider...it's funny the other two things you mentioned were also internal struggles, lol. I do plan to put new ends on the pci plugs (to match the black/blue theme) and when I do I'll extend the sleeving, I might do the same with the atx cable but that one will be a pain. I have the unfortunate condition of being both OCD and lazy...it's a very frustrating situation.
 
Wow, a Lian Li case that I actually like what a surprise. By the way, nice build and wire management.
 
Excellent job.

I've never had sleeved PSU cables T_T..

I'm waiting for the day!!!

And for the day my front 120mm fan isn't twistytied to my case.
 
Back
Top