New Build - Help with MB

Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
12
I just finished connecting all of my hardware for my new PC and when I start the system up I don't get any beeps or anything which is weird because I don't have an OS installed yet. Also, I don't get any script showing up on my monitor, it just remains black.

I have the following motherboard and graphics card:

- MSI K9N Platinum Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX
- eVGA 256-P2-N567 Geforce 7900GT KO Superclocked

Any ideas to help me get this thing going?
 
sounds like your rig is not getting power, do you have all the connectors looked up? BTW it will be easier to get help if ppl know what you have for components, ie make a sig with your hardware profile. GL
 
troisanh said:
sounds like your rig is not getting power, do you have all the connectors looked up? BTW it will be easier to get help if ppl know what you have for components, ie make a sig with your hardware profile. GL

Thanks for the "heads-up", I just posted my sig. Also, I just spoke with MSI and they recommended doing a CMOS reset and checking my RAM.

I'll try that and post how it worked.
 
I just tried reseting the CMOS and tested the RAM. I still get no beeps and no display when I boot...

Maybe this Mobo was DOA...
 
Do you have anything hooked up to the mobo besides the ram and video card?

Is your monitor displaying black or is no signal being sent? (you should be able to tell, when the comp shuts off the monitor light should turn orange or start blinking and when you turn on the comp the monitor makes a degausing sound and the monitor light either turns green or stops flashing)
 
atticus_hearts said:
I just tried reseting the CMOS and tested the RAM. I still get no beeps and no display when I boot...

Maybe this Mobo was DOA...

I just spoke with the 4th person at MSI and we finally figured it out. My BIOS voltage only supports 1.8V memory. My OCZ is 1.9V...

They are sending me new BIOS chip which should fix the problem :confused:


Thanks for the responses :)
 
Back
Top