• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Build - Flipped / Windowed Stacker 830

Kryckter

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
314
dscn0470ca7.jpg



Specs:

Coolermaster Stacker 830
E8400 @ 4.2 gig
2 Gig Crucial Ballistix @ 1140mhz
EVGA 8800GTX @ 650/1600/2100
Enermax Galaxy 1000 watt PSU


I upgraded to the Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme with a Skythe Slip Stream 110CFM fan.

I also have 2 88 CFM Yateloons in the front and 1 Yateloon in the back.


dscn0466am8.jpg

dscn0467mo9.jpg

dscn0468te1.jpg

dscn0469gw7.jpg

dscn0473ib3.jpg

dscn0471pr8.jpg
 
what did you use for the acoustic matting? and does it help? I'm considering putting some in my 830 as well, especially now that I've seen how nice it can make it look. But most of the noise of my rig comes from the fans, so I'm not sure if that would help much.
 
Most of my noise (830 here) is actually on start up. The case fans and HD cooler fans sound like a massive turbine.
 
Kryckter, just a suggestion, if you mask off all but the edge of the window that overlaps the sidepanel and spraypaint it grey or black, it'd cover up all the tab holes from whatever was there before you removed it. Alternately, you could mask off the side-panel's lip under the window and spraypaint IT black.
 
Kryckter, just a suggestion, if you mask off all but the edge of the window that overlaps the sidepanel and spraypaint it grey or black, it'd cover up all the tab holes from whatever was there before you removed it. Alternately, you could mask off the side-panel's lip under the window and spraypaint IT black.

Thanks, that was mentioned on another forum, and I actually plan on re-doing the window and doing that soon.
 
Back
Top