• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New build done! Need some advice on software

killianss

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
126
So i got my SB rig up and running last night, it was a real smooth install of everything no issues yet. (havent put a real load on it yet just win7 and drivers etc)
GIGABYTE GA-P67X-UD3-B3
I5 2500k
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 570
Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
Antec TP 650
Coolermaster Haf922

So I have a couple questions: Any recommendations for temperature monitoring software? I can only see temps in the bios and was wondering If i could in windows as well.

Also for the gtx 570 is there anything else I should install to control the fan temperature?
I know on my old rig with a gtx 260 I used Riva Tuner to turn up the fan speed when gaming, is this still a good way to go go about it?

any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
 
MSI Afterburner is nice for fan control. You can set it at a constant speed, or have it increase as temperature does.
 
Back
Top