techtrader
n00b
- Joined
- Feb 14, 2006
- Messages
- 2
The road less traveled...
So this is my first adventure into the DIY SFF. I've previously had a cube but now I'm thinking of going one smaller (mini-itx). I'm a little torn with my decision though. There is not a lot of support or information on the mini-itx boards. I'm looking at two of them currently; the Dfi G5G 100-P http://www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=29¤cy=2 and MB896 Pentium M Mini-ITX Motherboard http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=151 Both support the Dothan chip and both IMHO are the best options. I'm shooting for the highest speed in the smallest package with some overclocking. However, there is little information about either on the web. I know that Dfi is normally good but I've never seen a review. There are also several nice micro-atx boards that are probably better supported but they are larger. I know there is a trade off but the mirco boards are have the price as the mini's. It's a difficult decision so I thought I'd ask for some help.
So this is my first adventure into the DIY SFF. I've previously had a cube but now I'm thinking of going one smaller (mini-itx). I'm a little torn with my decision though. There is not a lot of support or information on the mini-itx boards. I'm looking at two of them currently; the Dfi G5G 100-P http://www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=29¤cy=2 and MB896 Pentium M Mini-ITX Motherboard http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=151 Both support the Dothan chip and both IMHO are the best options. I'm shooting for the highest speed in the smallest package with some overclocking. However, there is little information about either on the web. I know that Dfi is normally good but I've never seen a review. There are also several nice micro-atx boards that are probably better supported but they are larger. I know there is a trade off but the mirco boards are have the price as the mini's. It's a difficult decision so I thought I'd ask for some help.