New build causes system to reboot...

I'm updating my HTPC with the following specs:

refurbished Epox 8RDA+
Athlon 1600+
512MB PC3200 Kingston
420w Tt PSU
(currently using Voodoo3 PCI for testing purposes)

Everything went all right with the system booting up, and I can enter the BIOS, but on the bootup screen is shows my computer's health stats and the VDIMM fluctuating between 1.75 and 2.25 wtih the numbers in red (everything else being white). When it tries to load Windows it will reboot. I've tried to manual change the VDIMM in the BIOS but it doesn't seem to make a difference when I reboot. I'm running the CPU at the standard 133FSB, and even initially had it at 100FSB. I can get as far as the Safe Mode prompt, but which ever option I choose it starts to load and then reboots. The RAM and the PSU were just pulled from my main computer so I know they are good.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Bad mobo? Bad cpu? Bad settings? I'm at a loss. My hardware is listed in my sig link.

I was afraid that might be the case, I got it back from Epox after RMAing it for having bad capacitors (they started leaking). Epox said everything was fine after they "fixed" it, bah. I haven't had a chance to try it out again until now since I just bought new ram. At first I thought it was PSU issue, so I bought a brand new Antec for my main and switched over the Tt one to the HTPC. Well looks like I have to spend even more money on this thing, crap.

Anyway, thanks for confirming my fears guys.

:(

I also don't think a Mod should have moved this to HTPC, I realize this is my HTPC computer but my problems are completely non-HT related and more general hardware. :rolleyes:

Back