New build and issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattle

2[H]4U
Recently built a machine for a friend, I never have issues but figures when it's for someone else right??

Asus Sabertooth 990fx 2.0
8320 cpu
2x4gb of gskill
samsung 840 evo 120gb
WD black 1tb HDD
2 different 7950's now
antec 900 watt HCG psu

So initially the pc would be fine when gaming, surfing, basically anything but after a while being idle, the system becomes unresponsive, the monitor will go into standby where I have it set to shut off after 10 minutes. The rest of the system seems active, HDD light flashing etc. Mouse and KB go dead and monitor will not turn back on. I have tried numerous stress tests it does it no matter what. I even switched out 7950's.

I thought at first it was a video card issue because the only errors in event viewer are amdkmdap Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered, the fucked up thing is it never does it when it is on, the driver never crashes while using the pc, normally this error will be seen on desktop, where the driver will stop responding and then recover right in front of your face. The only evidence I have of it is in event viewer, the only other error is a kernel power critical error when this problem occurs.

I have the system setup like I always set up my intel rigs with balanced power settings, hard drive sleep set to off system sleep set to off, basically the only thing that should be happening is the monitor should go into standby and shut off until you return and move the mouse and it fires back up. I have all the newest bios and drivers installed and I can't figure this out. The other weird thing is it takes a while for it to be repeated if the screen goes off it comes right back on from within a minute to 15 maybe, if I leave the thing for a couple hours it becomes unresponsive, power down and reboot and check event viewer and these are the only 2 errors I find. The whole rig is stock, been thru p95 and hours of gaming....

Only thing I did was turn off hibernation to get 12gb of ssd space back

at a loss:mad:

EDIT: OS is w7 64bit
if I leave it running prime 95 it does the same thing as if I leave it idle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back