New Build, 5870 or 5850

kioras

Gawd
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
736
I game at 1920x1200, and i have the last parts of a new build coming in, i7 920 processor, that I plan to OC to about ~3.6ghz.

Which would I be better off getting, the 5850 or the faster 5870?

I want to get an xfx brand, although it appears that their custom cards are not as interesting as the custom cards from the other manufactures :/
 
If you can afford the 5870, may as well get that. Even if it's more power than you need now, it can't hurt in the long run.
 
yea agreed with the above statements, if you can afford it get it, it is a good card for the money, well both of them are, I do this all the time, but I always get the single highend and upgrade when the next gen comes out, not a refresh, I mean a new architecture. I game at the same resolution as you.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top