• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Build: $400 Budget

Joined
Sep 5, 2016
Messages
18
Gentleman, I'm in need of a new computer. While I like to play games I don't have a big budget. Only $400. I would like a mid-tower or smaller since I don't have a lot of space.

I was eyeballing this computer from HP but was wondering if a better one could be built. $400:


1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Moderate gaming, homework, browsing the nets
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
400 budget
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
US
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
All except monitors
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
6) Will you be overclocking?

No
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
23" 1920 x 1080
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the month
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
not sure
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
64bit windows 7
 
I concur. I know it is on there but I did not see a reponse - do you have any parts you can reuse beyond the OS and monitor? Case? PSU? Hard Drive(s)?
 
Back
Top