New Budget Speakers

pvc

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
123
I am looking for a budget solution for my computer speakers. My previous speakers were the AL VS4121 and I am looking for something a bit better.

My options seem to be

Creative Gigaworks T20 - 90$
Klipsch Groove PM20 - 60$
Edifier S330D - 70$ [Used - someone selling locally - There is a problem with the output being switched on the digital connection]

Of course, everyone seems to be suggesting the Swan M10 [110$ + Shipping] but I am not sure if I want to spend that much or about the requirement to have the sub on the table. Is there that large a difference between my first three options and the Swans?

I am also not sure about the used Edifier set, as I cannot be sure what other problems they may have and I have no idea about Edifier support in the US.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 
I guarantee you will not regret buying the Swan M10 unless you're a big basshead.

Also, the sub on desk is not required. It's just somewhat nicer bass. You will still get clean, punchy bass and lovely detail and sound from the main speakers.
 
I like the subwoofer on the M10. I don't find the bass weak or low quality at all.
 
I think I will go ahead and get the Swans. Thanks for your inputs.

PS; Please excuse the n00bness, but what does the term 'self-powered' mean?:confused:
 
I think I will go ahead and get the Swans. Thanks for your inputs.

PS; Please excuse the n00bness, but what does the term 'self-powered' mean?:confused:

It means they are not passive speakers and do not require an amp because they have their own integrated amp within the speaker case.
 
Back
Top