new borgs

84gthatch

[H]ard|Gawd
i was at on a job site and had a few minutes break and a buddys computer was open so i sat down and started looking at my stats he was like whats that? so i explained it to him about what it was how it worked etc... well he was like send me your e-mail and where to get this program and i'll install it on my computer my brothers computer my parents computers and build me another computer cause i want a file server and put this on that to.

so moral of the story look alot and frequently and be willing to explain it to someone
cause i already have 2 new borgs out of that and soon probably another 5 or so!

May I suggest unhappy_mage's fold setup program ? It's an installer that makes setting up F@H a bit more user-friendly. Just make sure they change the username to yours when they set it up, so you get their points. Nice work!

Mohonri said:
May I suggest unhappy_mage's fold setup program ? It's an installer that makes setting up F@H a bit more user-friendly. Just make sure they change the username to yours when they set it up, so you get their points. Nice work!
This only works well for a dedicated folding machine....not an email station running FAH.

Um.... no? That's Foldix you're thinking of. Fold-setup is a windows thingy that installs FAH in service mode, and lets you set all the options easily. It's a lot easier than trying to explain how to edit the registry, etc over email.

edit:Here's some screenshots of it in all its glory.
setup-fold-1.png

setup-fold-2.png

setup-fold-3.png

unhappy_mage said:
Um.... no? That's Foldix you're thinking of. Fold-setup is a windows thingy that installs FAH in service mode, and lets you set all the options easily. It's a lot easier than trying to explain how to edit the registry, etc over email.

edit:Here's some screenshots of it in all its glory. http://userpages.umbc.edu/~willm1/setup-fold/setup-fold-1.png[img]
[img]http://userpages.umbc.edu/~willm1/setup-fold/setup-fold-2.png[img]
[img]http://userpages.umbc.edu/~willm1/setup-fold/setup-fold-3.png[img]

[URL=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=38&id=150072][IMG]http://www.hardfolding.com/ftag1.php/mem/150072[/URL]
Oh, I digress. I misread his post. :eek:

I'd say this is a prime example of why [H] needs to turn on that img-to-url-in-quote thingy... nudge nudge

unhappy_mage said:
I'd say this is a prime example of why [H] needs to turn on that img-to-url-in-quote thingy... nudge nudge

Better? I can't see png graphics at work....were those images huge? :)

1024x768, so sort of. Out of curiosity, can you see this? It's a png file renamed to jpg, so that'll tell you if it's a content-based filter or an extension-based one.

unhappy_mage said:
1024x768, so sort of. Out of curiosity, can you see this? It's a png file renamed to jpg, so that'll tell you if it's a content-based filter or an extension-based one.

It is purely extension based....the IT security bastards here have a hard on for png graphics....not sure why. :confused:

Edit: Oh and yes, I can see that image. :)

Mohonri said:

Do you still need to DL the console when you use this??

Nope. It'll go get the client for you. Just run this program (make sure to change the username to Mohonri :) ) and you're good to go.

Mohonri said:
Nope. It'll go get the client for you. Just run this program (make sure to change the username to Mohonri :) ) and you're good to go.

Just trying to make it easier to borg my office....and the name's SAWATT :D

I may do one for MF just because sometime... :cool:

You might consider asking u_m about how to put *your* username as the default--you'll have to change the source, then recompile to executable.

Mohonri said:
You might consider asking u_m about how to put *your* username as the default--you'll have to change the source, then recompile to executable.

Just read the source...Real easy to do. (If I can read it, anybody can read it :p )

Wheather it compiles is another story!! :eek:

sawatt said:
I may do one for MF just because sometime... :cool:

Awesome, if I didn't have to worry about these crazy races and such I would have put one in his name. Kinda looks bad with a skull at the top of our team.

Glad to have the new machines.

chileman said:
Awesome, if I didn't have to worry about these crazy races and such I would have put one in his name. Kinda looks bad with a skull at the top of our team.

Glad to have the new machines.

I actually won the first contest!!...my old 2.4C is part of one of the prizes for the new one!!

sawatt said:
Just read the source...Real easy to do. (If I can read it, anybody can read it :p )

Wheather it compiles is another story!! :eek:
This means you didn't get all the files yet. You need fold1.ini, fold2.ini, and proxy.ini in the same directory as the .nsi file. Then change line 39 of fold1.ini to somthing like this:
Code:
State=sawatt
Wait, why am I giving instructions on how to figure this out? :confused: Everyone fold as me!

hey mage i may have to throw a machine or two your way;) for all the help your giving us!

unhappy_mage said:
Wait, why am I giving instructions on how to figure this out? :confused: Everyone fold as me!

Because you LUV us!! Thanks UM Since I have the rest of the source at home, I'll do this tonight! (yes I'm slacking at work again :D )

Back