New board, new memory...more points?

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
So, one of my computers decided to take an el-dumpo on the hard drive. Actually, this is the second hard drive on this motherboard that has had problems. Since a person actually uses the computer, I came to the conclusion that the board is probably not good (el-cheapo ECS K7S5A Pro that came in a bundle with processor from Fry's.)

Popped over to the 'egg and picked up the following:

MSI Socket A Motherboard

Gig 'O RAM

The processor is an AthlonXP 2400+. I'm hoping I can get an additional 200-500Mhz out of it without too much trouble. At least the memory won't be a limiting factor!

Kudos to you for starting on your farm!

May I make one small suggestion? Go and find yourself some cheap harddrives ($5 to $10) and keep that mobo folding. I have heard that it's darn near impossible to fight off the folding bug once it bites you. Not me tho, I can quit anytime I want to ................ just not today. :D

GwilyaGwees

I already have a cheap hard drive...a 2GB laptop drive with a 3.5" conversion kit on it. I don't have a processor or case for the board, though. Really, the board is garbage. If I get another computer it'll be a file server.

You could always send it to me, . . . . . . and I will have it folding quickly, :D

hint , hint, hint

Beg, beg ,beg :D

Shameless.

Really. you are.

He is sending it to me already ;)

Fold [H]ard----or Die [H]ard

You wish. I still haven't gotten the new board installed yet. I'll wait and see if I do anything with the old board.

Back