• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New board, new memory...more points?

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,635
So, one of my computers decided to take an el-dumpo on the hard drive. Actually, this is the second hard drive on this motherboard that has had problems. Since a person actually uses the computer, I came to the conclusion that the board is probably not good (el-cheapo ECS K7S5A Pro that came in a bundle with processor from Fry's.)

Popped over to the 'egg and picked up the following:

MSI Socket A Motherboard

Gig 'O RAM

The processor is an AthlonXP 2400+. I'm hoping I can get an additional 200-500Mhz out of it without too much trouble. At least the memory won't be a limiting factor!
 
Kudos to you for starting on your farm!

May I make one small suggestion? Go and find yourself some cheap harddrives ($5 to $10) and keep that mobo folding. I have heard that it's darn near impossible to fight off the folding bug once it bites you. Not me tho, I can quit anytime I want to ................ just not today. :D

GwilyaGwees
 
I already have a cheap hard drive...a 2GB laptop drive with a 3.5" conversion kit on it. I don't have a processor or case for the board, though. Really, the board is garbage. If I get another computer it'll be a file server.
 
You could always send it to me, . . . . . . and I will have it folding quickly, :D



hint , hint, hint



Beg, beg ,beg :D






 
Shameless.

Really. you are.

He is sending it to me already ;)


Fold [H]ard----or Die [H]ard
 
You wish. I still haven't gotten the new board installed yet. I'll wait and see if I do anything with the old board.
 
Back
Top