New BF2 patch = crashing

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
:(

Argh...i'm so over this game. I just installed the newest patch, and now I can barely play one full game. It either crashes to my desktop, or restarts my whole computer. It NEVER did this before, ever! I'm using the Omega 5.1's if that helps.

I've experienced more crashes with the newest patch, too. I should have just stayed with the original patch that had the memory leak. Ugh. It's too bad the developers were rushed and this game is such a POS. It has so much potential! Hopefully they release a real patch before the expansion pack comes out. :rolleyes:

Played about 3 hours last night and no issues with patch. A squad member was having issues, but he always has issues.

This game is picky about who it crashes on.

I have the patch and haven't had one crash yet on my new computer (Athlon 64 4000+, BFG 7800GTX, 2GB Corsair twinx)

I'm gonna try upgrading to the 5.6 from ATi....but I bet when I do, the 5.7's are gonna come out the next day :p

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I'm gonna try upgrading to the 5.6 from ATi....but I bet when I do, the 5.7's are gonna come out the next day :p

Well, the 5.7s from ATI actually came out a few days ago..

I have the new patch and I haven't crashed once since installing it. If anything it's been even smoother playing since patching.

if you system is restarting I would look elsewhere in your system for the problem for starters

KJ43 said:
I have the new patch and I haven't crashed once since installing it. If anything it's been even smoother playing since patching.

if you system is restarting I would look elsewhere in your system for the problem for starters

Why? It only restarts when I play that game, and it never restarted w/ the original unpatched version.

plays same as the last patch, which means for my pc, it runs smooth w no problems. even the login screen has gotten faster, now its not as slow as it was last time thank god

All I'm saying is that is where I would start looking first. CTD is one thing, system restarting is another.

Sometimes all it takes is one app to show instability in a system. Looks like you have a nice setup though.

I'm not pretending to know why your box is restarting, just offering my advice on where I would start looking at fixing the issue.

I too have the same crashing. Most recent drivers and offa a fresh install.

when i installed the newest patch i had to lower my res to keep it from crashing. but im running a BFG 5500 so i have to run all games in the lowest res.

did that and i play for like 10 hours with no crashes.

after the problems with the memory leaks and crashing and everything, i uninstalled the game and re installed it w/o the patch..

game runs freakin awesome for me..no problems..just a little bit of lag every once in a while

Back