New BF2 patch? Announcement tomorrow?

I really hope this isn't a hoax or rumor. A patch and new maps would get me back into BF2. CoD4 has finally gone a little stale for me anyway.

Dice/EA still support BF2? Kinda rare for them to patch a game that is a couple days over 3 years old.

Dice/EA still support BF2? Kinda rare for them to patch a game that is a couple days over 3 years old.

Wow it has been 3 years already hasnt it. For some reason I was thinking its been 2 years.... Not try stir the pot and start a flame war or EA bashing thread, but if this is true I may install it again. My question is: "Did the widescreen patch that 2142 recieved get applied to BF2 as well?"

I haven't heard of a widescreen patch making it to bf2. I just reinstalled it a few weeks ago and had a good time playing it. If new maps were released (at least 1) I will play it again more often.

Wow it has been 3 years already hasnt it. For some reason I was thinking its been 2 years.... Not try stir the pot and start a flame war or EA bashing thread, but if this is true I may install it again. My question is: "Did the widescreen patch that 2142 recieved get applied to BF2 as well?"

Before I formatted I have installed 2142 to check out the patch, no widescreen support to be found to me.... I ended up formatting a day later and didn't really look into it, might have been there.

Either way, no biggie, both 2142 and bf2 have always worked fine for me with widescreen fix via shortcut.

Wow, last week if you told me that there was going to be another bf2 patch, I would've called you a liar and bet money on it.

I guess it's time to pop in the ol' dvd

Before I formatted I have installed 2142 to check out the patch, no widescreen support to be found to me.... I ended up formatting a day later and didn't really look into it, might have been there.

Either way, no biggie, both 2142 and bf2 have always worked fine for me with widescreen fix via shortcut.

To get widescreen support in 2142 you have to add "+widescreen 1" w/o the "" to use it. then ingame you can select widescreen resolutions. I dont like how they advertise that they added widescreen support but then don't tell you how to enable it. theres alot of things I don't like about EA but I wont go into that here.

As far as a Patch for BF2 I hope they do, I like BF2 better then 2142, But my favorite was BF:Vietnam even though the game was never as popular as ome of the others I still liked it. Would be nice if EA would at least put out some updates to make some of there older games more compatible with Vista, but i wont hold my breath waiting for it.

To get widescreen support in 2142 you have to add "+widescreen 1" w/o the "" to use it. then ingame you can select widescreen resolutions. I dont like how they advertise that they added widescreen support but then don't tell you how to enable it. theres alot of things I don't like about EA but I wont go into that here.

As far as a Patch for BF2 I hope they do, I like BF2 better then 2142, But my favorite was BF:Vietnam even though the game was never as popular as ome of the others I still liked it. Would be nice if EA would at least put out some updates to make some of there older games more compatible with Vista, but i wont hold my breath waiting for it.

Well thanks. That is plain stupid, lol

I saw BF2 on my mates PC last month and I was shocked how shit it now looks. The landscapes are so flat and so bland. Is there going to be a BF3 anytime soon?

My guess is that they're hinting at an official announcement of BF3. This is pure speculation, but based on their announcement that is what I am lead to believe. They didn't mention a "patch".

They say, "Well, today we are happy to announce that we are working on an update for Battlefield 2. We are planning to provide an open beta in the near future and we hope you’ll give us your feedback before final release; so watch out for that."

An update to BF2 could possibly mean a sequel, which would explain the beta.

:confused:

It's been their normal practice with 2142 to release patches as beta first so I wouldn't read too much into that.

My guess is that they're hinting at an official announcement of BF3. This is pure speculation, but based on their announcement that is what I am lead to believe. They didn't mention a "patch".

They say, "Well, today we are happy to announce that we are working on an update for Battlefield 2. We are planning to provide an open beta in the near future and we hope you’ll give us your feedback before final release; so watch out for that."

So wait, Dice did come out with an annoucement about updated content for BF2 or is that what you are speculating they are going to say?

That is exactly the announcement they made on the website. www.battlefield.com will let you see for yourself.

Ah I wasn't aware they did that for the 2142 patches. In that case, perhaps I am wrong.

That is exactly the announcement they made on the website. www.battlefield.com will let you see for yourself.

Ah I wasn't aware they did that for the 2142 patches. In that case, perhaps I am wrong.

Ah, wonder what it is. Probably some community maps with WS support. I know when they were open beta testing the 1.40 patch for 2142, that took months before it became official.

Maybe its the BF3 we been hearing about though......since the rumored specs of it sounds like BF2 that should come with better graphics.

I saw BF2 on my mates PC last month and I was shocked how shit it now looks. The landscapes are so flat and so bland. Is there going to be a BF3 anytime soon?

I never thought it was ever good looking, but that wasn't really the point of the game. Back in '06 my friend had it on his laptop and we'd play it during downtimes at work.

Yeah, same. I wouldn't mind playing BF2 all over again if it was on a new graphics engine. And some fixed bugs as well. Maybe at least use high res textures and slap on Frostbite engine?

I really hope this isn't a hoax or rumor. A patch and new maps would get me back into BF2. CoD4 has finally gone a little stale for me anyway.

I played COD4 MP for the first time yesterday and didn't like it much. The maps are far too small for MP IMO. I played team deathmatch and it was just too congested for my liking.

I would love to see this game with a new graphics engine also.

One problem with that, the leaked specs for the supposed Battlefield 3 said that it was 40 players. Why would they knock it down from 64?

From the rumors they were claiming 64, dunno if your leaked info is legit but last I remembered it was 64? Someone else know?

The amount of players on bad company was dropped because of performance issues since they added destructable environments and shit, so I'm assuming that if there is a bf3, they will do the same for the pc.

The amount of players on bad company was dropped because of performance issues since they added destructable environments and shit, so I'm assuming that if there is a bf3, they will do the same for the pc.

the destructible environment of BF:BC is a great idea, but i hate the way it was implemented. when you run over a fence in a tank, the fence disintegrates into dust and disappears. same with buildings etc. i hope if they add this to BF3 the environment is destructible in a more realistic way.

the destructible environment of BF:BC is a great idea, but i hate the way it was implemented. when you run over a fence in a tank, the fence disintegrates into dust and disappears. same with buildings etc. i hope if they add this to BF3 the environment is destructible in a more realistic way.

I hoping so too, and if you run something over it should still be there haha

You can't really have truly destructable objects in online play since the resultant network overhead is just too great. Shooting a box and have it fly into 10 or more pieces, each of which can be trodden on and thus affect your player, is like suddenly adding 10 more players into the game. All that info has to be sent to the server and back to the clients. Lag city. And that's just one box, imagine a destruble car or such like, it's just too much.

In online gaming, the most you'll get is what we've seen; i.e. a fence can be blown up to reveal a new path. That's it. It's not a physics processing issue, it's network overhead.

Anway, the BF games are ropey enough as it is, let's hope they don't try adding more shit to make it worse. If you've ever played BF2142 on a Titan map with 64 players, you'll know what I mean.

i still love, and play bf2 a lot. same w/ bf2142. i've had no issues with these games and imo still look and run very smooth. I just hope they keep it on the pc, mouse and keyboard for life!

They didnt advertise it because it's not really official and can cause graphical problems. Last thing they needed was to say 'look everyone, full fledged widescreen' and then have a billion people complain but it's not perfect.

In 2142 it's more like a hack on thier part to make it look right.

That would be great if that's the case. I hope your speculation will become reality pretty soon :D

Back