New Benq to replace fp241w soon

FlyinBrian

Gawd
Hi, guys I emailed BenQ to find out if they're planing a revision for the 24inch FP241W that has goten so much praise over the years or has it been discontinued. Anyways below is the response.

Hi, I am in the market for a great all around LCD monitor for multimedia
gaming but also very good image quality for daily work use and after
many many reccomendation for the FP241W I hear its discontinued and I am
wondering if you guys are planing on a Revision of this product for the
future.

Thank you
Brian Smith

BENQ Replied

V2400W will avaliable from 2008-03 which is also the TOP line of our 24"
LCD MNTR.

Good news so I can wait a couple more months to pick up this baby.

You better mail back and say that:
Hopefully it's either IPS or VA panel and not piece of shit TN technology.
EDIT: And if they confirm it then good, if no answer or vague one... you know what it means.

That V stinks like "V as value"...
(I might be cynical but that works best)

Seeing how the fp241w isnt a TN panel why would a monitor thats supposed to be their next top of the line be a year later ?

Sweet, I might get an upgrade from Ncix then, seeing as how they are out of stock.

well you were right.. the next model.. v2400w is gona be a TN panel.. man talk about going backwards in quality. I am hoping there is another model like the fp241w coming and the person I am talking to is miss informed. But eh we will see... big bummer.

well you were right.. the next model.. v2400w is gona be a TN panel.. man talk about going backwards in quality. I am hoping there is another model like the fp241w coming and the person I am talking to is miss informed. But eh we will see... big bummer.

Source?

The place that manufactures the MVA panels they used previously stopped making them. They can't do anything about it, really. Atleast this is what I heard. Who knows, most likely it will be downgraded to a TN, I think some other models have done that like from Dell and such.

The company that make MVA panel for Benq is AU Optronics Corporation, and this company is part of the Benq Group. It's strange they can't make more MVA panel for them self.

BenQ Group

i sure hope the new is VA panel, if not they are gonna shoot them self in the foot, as most other manufacturs has VA panels in the same price range
You're wrong!
They're not shooting themselves to foot but consumer.
Just look at how Joe Average Vegetabl... err Consumer buys shit if it has funny sounding name and is pushed with other technical sounding lies!

3000:1 Dynamic Contrast (when you turn the screen on and off)... 2ms TNs and ghosting isn't any better than in normal VAs, 6 bit colours. Or newest one, 10 000:1 dynamically cheated contrast... yeah, right, and pigs have wings.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080116/20080116006104.html?.v=1
http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/l227wt.jhtml

well you were right.. the next model.. v2400w is gona be a TN panel.. man talk about going backwards in quality
That's the fashion, quality panels in smaller sizes have pretty much been replaced by TN shit and now it's time to do same for 24".

benq_lcd_v2400w.jpg

Here's the new monitor.

It's a TN panel, so I'm not interested.

http://www.benq.com/press/News.cfm?id=2169&cat=0

Back