Bomo
Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 9, 2010
- Messages
- 902
So, I bought some AV40's because I live in a smallish apartment and I plan on moving across the globe in about 2-4 years (so I need to keep everything fairly small and portable). I figured they'd be a great investment for decent speakers that I could box up and ship later, or possibly sell second hand if I needed to.
They got in last night, and sounded amazing. I'm absolutely in love with their clarity and volume. But as I turn them off, I hear a loud and distinct pop. After a bit of googling around, I find out that this MAY be indicitive of later issues (buzzing in the right channel or it even out right dying).
I know there's the option of digging around on the inside with a soldering iron, or mailing it back to the supplier to get a refund, but has anyone had the popping and NOT had issues later?
If my set is really going to eventually die, I'll probably look at upgrading then (preferably not M-Audio), any recommendations on active 2.0 speakers that are similar to the AV40's in sound (price can range up to around $300)? (amazon.co.jp availability is a plus, but I visit the states about once a year, and I could order them from somewhere else when I'm there in May)
They got in last night, and sounded amazing. I'm absolutely in love with their clarity and volume. But as I turn them off, I hear a loud and distinct pop. After a bit of googling around, I find out that this MAY be indicitive of later issues (buzzing in the right channel or it even out right dying).
I know there's the option of digging around on the inside with a soldering iron, or mailing it back to the supplier to get a refund, but has anyone had the popping and NOT had issues later?
If my set is really going to eventually die, I'll probably look at upgrading then (preferably not M-Audio), any recommendations on active 2.0 speakers that are similar to the AV40's in sound (price can range up to around $300)? (amazon.co.jp availability is a plus, but I visit the states about once a year, and I could order them from somewhere else when I'm there in May)