• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Audio System Buildup

bosorio

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
529
Hey all.
Im working on building a new audio system for my PC and office.
Right now I have an Audigy2 ZS with Creative labs 6.1 Speakers. It sounds decent. But I want better sound quality, and I want it much louder.
Im going the route of external home receiver, and speakers, and ditching the messy Creative speaker setup.

I just today learned that digital outputs from PC sound boards do not support any kind of surround sound encoding. So you are stuck with a basic stereo signal to the external receiver.

This is the only option I have found so far that will allow me to have surround sound from PC to receiver;
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=13&subcategory=55&product=14309

My question is this. My Motherboard (Abit Fatality AA8XE) comes with a 7.1 HD Intel audio chip. Does anyone know if the fiber optic output from this board would support surround sound encoding, or should I just plan on sticking with the Audigy 2ZS and creative labs theater cable?

Thanks in advance for any help/info.
 
I use from my audigy 2 zs... a regular RCA OR coaxial cable.. either would work... plug it with an adaptor........... RCA mono phono plug 1/8 into the digital out of the audigy 2 zs... into the receiver and you will get surround in movies that supports it and stuff... games dont have surround though BTW. but movies does.
 
aZn_plyR said:
I use from my audigy 2 zs... a regular RCA OR coaxial cable.. either would work... plug it with an adaptor........... RCA mono phono plug 1/8 into the digital out of the audigy 2 zs... into the receiver and you will get surround in movies that supports it and stuff... games dont have surround though BTW. but movies does.
Yep thats what I have been reading.

So the only way to keep the surround with the receiver is to use the Creative theater cable. Which I already ordered.
Ill see how it works out like that I guess.

Games are my main concern with this becuase I mainly play games. But I also want moves to sound good.
 
Back
Top