• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Audio/Sound Cards

Aesalon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 12, 2000
Messages
207
I just upgraded from an NF7 mobo to a DFI LanParty UT 250gb and honestly, I'm not too happy with the onboard soundcard. now the trouble is, I'm trying to find a decent sound card out there but I'm having the hardest time finding any decent material or round ups or even reviews for that matter. so I figured I'd try here. can people here suggest some good/recent sound cards for music listening and gaming? thanks.

- stan
 
How much are you wanting to spend?

The first one I would recommend is a Audigy 2 Value. If you don't need all the "extras" that come with the higher end models, this is a great sound card that will serve you well and can be had for as little as $61 for the retail package.

The next one would be the Hollywood @ Home by Gainward. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find. When ZipZoomFly gets them back in stock I would check them out.
 
less than $80 is what I'm looking to spend. I'm just weary of audigy's as I've had difficult times before w/ sound blaster cards. plus the cpu usage has always been a concern. plus I've heard good things about the m-audio revolution 7.1 sound card, have you any say on it?

- stan
 
There's tons of info, even specific topics regarding M-audio Rev and Audigy, on the Computer Audio forum. From the little I've read on the topic, the M-audio is great for music, but not optimal for gaming since it uses a lot of CPU power and doesn't have EAX. The Audigy is great for games, and fine for music. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Just do some research in there. It's all been answered.
 
For stereo music only, the Chaintech AV-710 is a good cheap alternative to the Revolution cards; it can do stereo at the same quality, but its other channels aren't as good. Audigy cards are still the best for gaming, but not for music.
 
Back
Top