• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New ATI Video Card

lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2001
Messages
1,240
My Sapphire 9800 XT's Fan Went out, So I RMA'd it back to newegg today, they card isn't listed any more, so if I get a refund.......... what should I get?


I want to go ATI, a x800 XT., I think, i want the best of ati.

Whats the differece between a XT and XT pe?

I have agp only on my board.

But I am not sure if I want another sapphire if my fan went out before a year was up...

What is a good brand to get?

any reviews would be great.

Thanks
 
ok, is there anyplace that offers these cards?

I might get back my old, but it will just depend.

Thanks
 
lundrog said:
ok, is there anyplace that offers these cards?

I might get back my old, but it will just depend.

Thanks

buyxg and newegg and the standard retail stores (bestbuy, compusa) have X800XTs..but your most likely to find one in stock on the egg or buyxg
 
I didn't see any PE's at newegg.

Thats where I normaly buy my parts.

Anyone have any review links or anything?
 
So does anyone but ATI and Sapphire have a good X800 XT PE card?

I am worried about the quality of the fans, I don't want another fan going out.
 
lundrog said:
So does anyone but ATI and Sapphire have a good X800 XT PE card?

I am worried about the quality of the fans, I don't want another fan going out.

i have the Visiontek XT and its been working GREAT, lifetime warrenty isnt a bad deal either :p
 
My largest worry is about the fan going out, are there any brands out there that use their own fan's on the video cards, not the wimpy stock ones?
 
The wimpy stock ones are meant to last for awhile, I guess you just had a rare dud.
 
Back
Top