New ATI Driver instalation?

coffee33

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to upgrade my ATI drivers but I want to do it the proper way. How would I go about doing so?
Ty all and have a wonderful day! :)

1) Go to ATI.com and download the latest drivers for your card.

2) Go to Add/Remove programs and find the ATI - Software Uninstall Utility and uninstall it.

3) Reboot your computer.

4) Install the new drivers.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Actually, most people swear there is a correct order of doing this. 1. in ad-remove programs uninstall display driver 2. Control panel 3. the uninstall utility. Then reboot your computer into safe mode (for whatever reason) run driver cleaner. Then reboot and install your new drivers....

Actually if you check your Program Files\ATI\Uninstal (or something similar, I'm at work) you will find a single file called unistallall.exe (or something similar, again) Run that and it will remove all traces of previous drivers and uninstall everything for you with one click. Then reboot and install newest drivers.

when i wanna upgrade my nV drivers i just remove them and install...or install over
works everytime..

it's just amazes me how much trouble ati peeps have to go through...i find that funny :D

When I want to upgrade my ATI drivers I just remove the old ones and install... works everytime...

It's not alot of trouble and it's not difficult to do. I find it funny you went to this thread to post your comment since you don't own an ATI card and the person was asking for help not a smartass remark.

Back