- Joined
- Oct 17, 2000
- Messages
- 1,875
So last night I traded my buddy my P4 3.0 nw and Intel board for his Athlon 64 3000+ and DFI nForce 3 250gb board. He is always incoding and I am always playing games so I figured why not. Problem is I can't get it to work at all. When I go to install the nforce drivers it crashes and reboots. Here is what I am doing and what I am running.
I install XP Home SP2. Computer seems to boot fine into Windows and sits at desktop fine. I then run the nForce setup before anything else. It asks me what nforce drivers I want to install so I choose everything but the sound. As soon as it reaches the sw? (I think that is what it is called) it gives me the option to click next again. At that point I can see some window popup for a flash of a second almost like the nforece is trying to install something else, but before I can see what it is I get a very quick bsod followed by a reboot. And when it reboots I see the bios, the hardware dectection, but instead of loading windows it goes to a black screen and I have to reinstall windows.
Here is what I have, followed by what I have tried:
AMD 64 3000+ Newcastle
DFI Lanparty nForce 3 250GB s754
2GB 2xHynix Ram DDR400 ram set to 400 in bios
BFG 6800GS 256mb
Creative X-FI xtreme music
WD 80GB SATA (Died on me while installing windows (go figure with my luck))
WD 160GB IDE (Currently using for windows but recieving same error as SATA)
LG 12x DVD-RW
400w Orion PSU
Ok, so here is what I have tried:
My friend said that I should have the SATA (which is now dead) on plug 3 so it sees it as internal not external like would happened when plugged into #1. Did not help.
Then I tried disabling Memory Command per clock. No help.
My friend said there was a bug in the nforce drivers in which you have to choose everything, so again I tried installing all and then installing everything but the Audio. No help.
So I'm thinking could it be my ram or power supply? Is something becoming active and causing the psu to reboot the system? Or could it be another bios setting I am missing. Thanks in advance for any help, I really want to get this system up and running. Also, nForce drivers are version 5.11
I install XP Home SP2. Computer seems to boot fine into Windows and sits at desktop fine. I then run the nForce setup before anything else. It asks me what nforce drivers I want to install so I choose everything but the sound. As soon as it reaches the sw? (I think that is what it is called) it gives me the option to click next again. At that point I can see some window popup for a flash of a second almost like the nforece is trying to install something else, but before I can see what it is I get a very quick bsod followed by a reboot. And when it reboots I see the bios, the hardware dectection, but instead of loading windows it goes to a black screen and I have to reinstall windows.
Here is what I have, followed by what I have tried:
AMD 64 3000+ Newcastle
DFI Lanparty nForce 3 250GB s754
2GB 2xHynix Ram DDR400 ram set to 400 in bios
BFG 6800GS 256mb
Creative X-FI xtreme music
WD 80GB SATA (Died on me while installing windows (go figure with my luck))
WD 160GB IDE (Currently using for windows but recieving same error as SATA)
LG 12x DVD-RW
400w Orion PSU
Ok, so here is what I have tried:
My friend said that I should have the SATA (which is now dead) on plug 3 so it sees it as internal not external like would happened when plugged into #1. Did not help.
Then I tried disabling Memory Command per clock. No help.
My friend said there was a bug in the nforce drivers in which you have to choose everything, so again I tried installing all and then installing everything but the Audio. No help.
So I'm thinking could it be my ram or power supply? Is something becoming active and causing the psu to reboot the system? Or could it be another bios setting I am missing. Thanks in advance for any help, I really want to get this system up and running. Also, nForce drivers are version 5.11