• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New Asus Silent Square

92mm fan spinning at 1800rpm, producing 16dBA? That's gotta be false. It'll be in the area of 25dBA.
 
_Korruption_ said:
92mm fan spinning at 1800rpm, producing 16dBA? That's gotta be false. It'll be in the area of 25dBA.
i think it says 18dBA
 
either way, I want silence from my case. I sure hope they release it soon. I'll be picking it up.
 
reminds me of the scythe ninja, except they have some weird folded over part to have the fan like inside the hsf, and it can only go in one spot, not on any of the four sides like the ninja :eek:
 
It seems less like the Scythe Ninka than the Kamakaze.

That design looks terrible for silencing, imho. There will be a lot of turbulence and back pressure no matter how slow the fan is- and 1800 rpm is not slow.

EDIT: Wait a second...you have *8* case fans, and you want what?
 
I think it actually looks pretty decent. Like the Thermaltake Silent Wheel though, I doubt its going to be that silent. It should still be fairly silent though. If I was going to use air cooling in my next build I would definately consider that.:)
 
hmph it does look promising but asus' last cpu cooler, the star ice, was a piece of junk and this looks looks lik its gonna be overpriced
 
N H O said:
hmph it does look promising but asus' last cpu cooler, the star ice, was a piece of junk and this looks looks lik its gonna be overpriced
That's because it was built by Thermaltake.
 
_Korruption_ said:
That's because it was built by Thermaltake.
iirc asus' star ice came out before the tt's beetle, but either way the product sucked and had asus' name on it
 
Damn. Thats awesome looking. Will have to look into that further :)
 
Back
Top