New Asus 8" windows wacom tablet

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
We knew it was coming but guess it is Official now. Same specs as the Dell Venue Pro 8 but comes with a Wacom digitizer instead. $299 for the 32gb $349 for the 64 gb. Release dates will be late Q1 or early Q2.

Cheapest, smallest and lightest Windows Wacom tablet ever. If this thing is of the overall quality or better of the other 8" Windows tablets out there it should sell very well. Probably will pick this up along with the ThinkPad 8.

Still sad that Thinkpad 8 dropped wacom :( That screen is nice, and build quality should be top notch!

Looks good but if its anything like the job they did on the 2013 nexus 7 ill pass and their customer service sucks.

Last edited:
build quality will be the biggest question mark with the Asus

Spec wise it looks good.

I am thinking that the Thinkpad Tablet 8 looks great even minus the stylus, I know it is a bummer.... but the nexus 7 nor iPad mini have a stylus and the are very usable devices.

I love using the stylus on my 10" TPT2 and now my Helix.... for note taking but perhaps 8" is too small for that use case anyways.... I would have to try it in order to know, personally.

No video out. Would have also loved to see higher res screen or 4gb of ram.

Wondering if I should wait for this, the rumored Surface Mini, or go with the Surface Pro sitting in the box (hopefully no screen defects this time).

No video out. Would have also loved to see higher res screen or 4gb of ram.

Wondering if I should wait for this, the rumored Surface Mini, or go with the Surface Pro sitting in the box (hopefully no screen defects this time).

A lot of differences among those devices, they all have different strengths and weaknesses. The big deals to me about the Asus are its size and Wacom. I've long wanted a small Windows tablet for writing and that's why I got the Venue 8 Pro and the pen for me has worked well but a Wacom based pen would be even better.

The Asus, like the V8P I see as auxiliary devices that don't replace anything but a an extremely mobile Windows device to one's arsenal particularly for those wanting a pen for note taking, art, etc. though the Asus will probably be better for this with its Wacom pen.

Yea my mobile device search has been problematic due to having rather flexible requirements and wants.

May post in more detail later to get some other thoughts on this.

Back