New Aquacomputer build - whatcha think?

Appa

2[H]4U
Ok, since TopNurse has ignored my PM I'll post my question. :p

Upon looking at the AC products, I can say that I like them a lot. Not only do they look good, but what few reviews I can find, they perform good too. So here is my setup that I wish to purchase either tonight or tomorrow:

AC Aquastream pump - modified ehiem- 1046
AC Bay Res, the new one that fits into one bay slot
AC Aquero Blue VFD ver. 4.0
AC Twinplex Pro SLI type 1 (hopefullly it'll fit on my chipset)
AC Cuplex Evo CPU block
Black Ice Extreme X-flo 3x 120mm Rad with 3 Panaflo fans

I will do the GPU's later, after I get my feet wet with this setup.

Also, does anyone have experience with the Aquero controller?

the only useful aquacomputer part is the aquaero to me, the rest isnt needed. Basically underpeforming, poor flow, useless, use of aluminium, too much plastic and all this is more expensive than a highend dangerden/swiftech setup. no thanks.

AppaYipYip said:

Upon looking at the AC products, I can say that I like them a lot. Not only do they look good, but what few reviews I can find, they perform good too. So here is my setup that I wish to purchase either tonight or tomorrow:

AC Cuplex Evo CPU block

You wont have any trouble finding people with Aquaero experience or any AC gear.

AppaYipYip said:

AC Cuplex Evo CPU block

I wasn't ignoring you as I was in the hospital (as a patient) for a few days and had to have emergency surgery on my foot. Post-op pain meds tend to leave you a little spacey so I decided to wait a few days before posting.

I would make the following observations:

The VFD Aquaero is not blue (maybe greenish blue) so I assume we are talking about the blue/white LCD that goes for around $130. Either one will be just fine. I would suggest that you either get the BI Pro X-Flow 120.2 or the AC Evo 240 as the Extreme series rads take some rather noisy fans to push sufficient air to attain maximum cooling.

You can easily change the color of the VFD version. Just get color foils for spot lights (for example) ;)

kleox64 said:
the only useful aquacomputer part is the aquaero to me, the rest isnt needed. Basically underpeforming, poor flow, useless, use of aluminium, too much plastic and all this is more expensive than a highend dangerden/swiftech setup. no thanks.
Well said.

no Iam just stating the facts, what Ive said above can't be argued as its true.

kleox64 said:
no Iam just stating the facts, what Ive said above can't be argued as its true.

More trolling? I don't think it is possible to argue opinion. :p

Stop trolling AC and smallbore/lowflow.

Underperforming? Hell no. According to the few reviews out there, it performs pretty damn well.
Poor flow? Maybe because you don't like Low flow. Low flow, along with well designed waterblocks, can perform as good as, or better, than high flow.

Too much plastic? Here is your swiftech:
mcw30x1002tx.gif
. Compare it to an Aqua Computer Cuplex XT:
cuplexxtp45004cv.jpg

More expensive? Slightly. You gotta take into account that it's all imported. Importing costs money in shipping, and duties.

If you don't like Aqua Computer, you don't troll the threads with Aqua Computer in it. You can keep it to yourself.

I think the Ignore feature is gonna come in real handy.

so then poor flow...

Your comparing lexan/plastic to acetel/derlin, you really have no idea what your talking about. The thread should end know if thats your thinking.

Reviews are biased since they are written by aqua fans, they are designed to make high-flow equipment look as though its being out-performed when in reality its the other way round.

One more thing they have the skills/resources to use silver yet they still use that damn aluminium, what a waste of silver. Honestly the Storm G5 deserves it more than the aquacomputer stuff, at least theres a performance increase.

Bbq said:
Too much plastic? Here is your swiftech:
mcw30x1002tx.gif
. Compare it to an Aqua Computer Cuplex XT:
cuplexxtp45004cv.jpg

I think he conveniently ignored the fact that the Storm is loaded down with synthetics whereas the Cuplex XT has a little piece of plexi on it for visual bling. :D

Bbq said:
I think the Ignore feature is gonna come in real handy.

It is handy to keep down the AquaTrolls. :p

Arcygenical said:
Jesus, this is a thread hijack if I've ever seen one... Can anyone help out the OP?

I already did which is more than I can say for the AquaTrolls. Actually he needs very little help as he has designed up an excellent system all by his lonesome with exception to the radiator choice.

well, as tempting as it is to post in response to the (weak) defence of A-C that has so far been mounted...........

if you decide to go for a triple rad, the thinnner and less air restrictive pro series would be a better bet, as noted by TN.

additionally, if you decide to go with a triple rad, something that undervolts well like yate loon fans would be a good bet. since you're planning on getting an aquaero anyway, you can adjust these fans to suit your tastes rather than getting the more expensive nexus real silent 120mm, which is a volt-modded yate loon. these fans are better suited to the pro series than the extreme series.

the cuplex XT would almost certainly be a better bet than the evo. the evo performs par with the outdated maze 4, maybe a bit worse. pending systemcooling's review, hopefully the cuplex will at least be able to get close to modern high-flow designs.

thewhiteguy said:
Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleox64

Well said.

I am curious? What is your obsession with mixing metals at a low temp?

theseeker said:
I am curious? What is your obsession with mixing metals at a low temp?
it's not just him.........stick two peices of metal different galvanic potentials, like copper and aluminium, in the same container of water and the metal with the lower (usually more negative) will be eaten away into solution.

you can use anti corrosion addives to slow down the process and allow the parts to last for a full service life, but there are those who simply avoid the problem by sticking with brass, copper and plastic construction.

google brings up plenty on the subject of galvanic corrosion. here's a simple one, no number printed, but it gives you a relative idea: http://www.metal-mart.com/Guides/Galvanic.htm and note the seperation between copper and aluminium.

if you want to get all hands-on about it, just stick a small bar of Al in a galss of tap water together with a small bar of copper. i would suspect that you would see pitting within a month. in distilled water the corrosion happens more slowly because there is much lower dissolved ion content, which plays a factor in how quickly the corrosion can take place.

WHOA! I did not intend to incite a riot here.

Thank you for the replies TopNurse, I'm glad you are back from the hospital!

Also thank you to everyone else who actually helped me out in this thread. I'll be placing my order once I return from Florida. :)

AppaYipYip said:
WHOA! I did not intend to incite a riot here.

Thank you for the replies TopNurse, I'm glad you are back from the hospital!

Also thank you to everyone else who actually helped me out in this thread. I'll be placing my order once I return from Florida. :)
Its OK, all that is necessary is someone else saying they like AC products and it enrages the "less fortunate". It has gotten so bad the biggest "haters" actually own AC equipment. ;)

Ontopic: Just wait until you start to make your Aquaero sing and dance and enjoy high performance with almost zero noise.

fwiw, i used to sell Xice watercooling stuff (passive rad, not active). They had the patent on passive rad watercooling well before Zalman did with their Resonator (lol...kinda a phallic thing), and honestly, if you just wanted to have a silent system, you COULDN'T beat it for anything. and yes, living with 10/8mm and 8/6mm may seem tough to you "big bore boys" but then again, we don't really have a need to compensate for anything. :)

dave

dave_graham said:
fwiw, i used to sell Xice watercooling stuff (passive rad, not active). They had the patent on passive rad watercooling well before Zalman did with their Resonator (lol...kinda a phallic thing), and honestly, if you just wanted to have a silent system, you COULDN'T beat it for anything. and yes, living with 10/8mm and 8/6mm may seem tough to you "big bore boys" but then again, we don't really have a need to compensate for anything. :)

dave

You mean compensating for something.... large instead?

I'm talking about your car. get your mind out of the gutter :p

R1ckCa1n said:
Its OK, all that is necessary is someone else saying they like AC products and it enrages the "less fortunate". It has gotten so bad the biggest "haters" actually own AC equipment. ;)

Can't we all just do the AC rock?

431344553437f32ed06da8.gif

Back