[NEW} Another Failed UPC Code Rebate

PoorGamer

n00b
Hello hardest forum, hardforum.

My Rebate was not approved for the following reason(s)

- Original UPC Barcode Label (#845735001454) (Not the shipping label
barcode) is missing
- Barcode label is missing

Picture with color: http://imgur.com/CxPE1sQ

Seems like this is a pretty common problem with Amazon.com selling Galaxy products. Awesome product, but this issue with the rebate is frustrating. Can someone please help? I contacted both Galaxy and Amazon, and they're sending me in loops. Galaxy is telling me to send them another UPC code. What?!? Amazon is giving me an invoice as proof, but I already sent that to Galaxy.

oh, that's funny, nobody has to pay the rebate, nobody takes responsibility

fuck you customer...we already have your money

Amazon put their own UPC over the Galaxy UPC. That sucks, but the Galaxy rep here at the [H] should fix that right up for you.

Know how you feel, my TD rebate was denied because I didn't supply an invoice. However, the document on world wide rebates clearly show my invoice. I'm fucking done with rebates. Nothing but a scam.

Amazon put their own UPC over the Galaxy UPC. That sucks, but the Galaxy rep here at the [H] should fix that right up for you.

@DooKey I pray that he will. I haven't purchased items with rebates for a while; in the past, I had no success with retailers like TigerDirect, Canon, etc. I took my chances with this one since my dad's GPU died.

Know how you feel, my TD rebate was denied because I didn't supply an invoice. However, the document on world wide rebates clearly show my invoice. I'm fucking done with rebates. Nothing but a scam.

@B2BigAl I submitted the invoice too. Called customer service, and the only thing they could help me was send me another invoice. I don't know if the female on the phone knew what we were talking about the whole time. You must feel that rebates are efforts by companies to borrow money (loans) from you and never give it back huh?

I don't care what the price is, I refuse to deal with MIRs. This is yet another reason why.

Reason number 100001 to not bother with mail in rebates. Their only purpose is to screw over customers. Stop buying into the bullshit.

i've always been tempted to jump on MIR offers but there's always something that stops me

if the companies really cared, they would just sell the product for X but they know that MIR are a scam and most people wont get their money and wont make any effort to chase for it.

if the companies really cared, they would just sell the product for X but they know that MIR are a scam and most people wont get their money and wont make any effort to chase for it.

And when they do try to chase MIRs down....in the 10-12 weeks it takes to get not get reimbursed for $5 on a prepaid AmEx CC that no one locally accept, most people say hell with it.

yeah, but here Amazon seems complicit in the scam, shameful

This is Amazon's fault for slapping their own UPC over the original. How is this 4rebate or Galaxy's fault? BTW Amazon usually only slaps their own UPC on OPEN BOX items to differentiate between new items so they know which item to pack and ship. If this item was purchased from Warehouse Deals then it isn't eligible for rebate anyway.

who is our Galaxy rep?

His alias is Galaxy and he hasn't been online since like the 17th of this month. I sent him a PM regarding another Galaxy product incident a couple days ago. Guessing he is off work for the Holidays.

Lol, in that case send me the MIR you don't want.... The only other issue I had with MIR is when I moved. I called and had another reissued to my new address. You should have taken amazons sticker off since it was not the original UPC like the instructions say to send in. On he other hand, the company is lazy not to accept it.

I don't think it's Amazon.com's fault. They have people in packaging, and those people don't really know what the UPC labels are used for so they're going to slap that sticker on. It frustrates me that Galaxy representatives can't bother to examine the UPC label and tell that it's there.

@BroHamBone I was afraid of taking the label off and ripping some of the box off (including original UPC label). It has happened before (other companies).

I emailed Amazon.com, and they're doing their best to help resolve the issue. The chick in the previous call was ignorant and snobby.

I don't think it's Amazon.com's fault. They have people in packaging, and those people don't really know what the UPC labels are used for so they're going to slap that sticker on. It frustrates me that Galaxy representatives can't bother to examine the UPC label and tell that it's there.

@BroHamBone I was afraid of taking the label off and ripping some of the box off (including original UPC label). It has happened before (other companies).

I emailed Amazon.com, and they're doing their best to help resolve the issue. The chick in the previous call was ignorant and snobby.

Yea, I figured. I'm pissed at amazon ATM for not rushing a shipment fast enough and I paid for more for. I'm prime member, but needed faster shipping. Well it's arriving in accordance with my Prime shipping target date and not one day shipping target date. Yes, I want my $3.99 back in my pocket!

I wish you the best of luck man!

@BroHamBone Sometimes, I get my package ahead of my Prime shipping date (one day instead of two or three). You win some, you lose some. Good luck! Enjoy your package. Best feeling is tearing through that box.

Thank god in Australia I know I'm just going to get fucked once.

No spit, no dinner or a movie but certainty is better than dealing with this shit.

The thing I hate most about rebates is that they should just be honest and straight out say, "You're gonna have to suck my cock if you want money back", but they won't.

I've gotten every single rebate I've sent in, Galaxy included. Next time just pay attention to an adhered bar code such as the amazon one.

I never really understood the mentality of rebates.
You should surely always just read it as:
The price you will pay is the price BEFORE the rebate, but you get free entry into a lucky draw where you could win up to <rebate value> off!

It's broadly the same in the UK but they have to label it 'cashback' rather than a rebate. Generally speaking, man hours invested versus financial reward of completing a rebate will always see you lose, unless you value your time below the minimum wage where you live. I don't.

I never really understood the mentality of rebates.
You should surely always just read it as:
The price you will pay is the price BEFORE the rebate, but you get free entry into a lucky draw where you could win up to <rebate value> off!

It's broadly the same in the UK but they have to label it 'cashback' rather than a rebate. Generally speaking, man hours invested versus financial reward of completing a rebate will always see you lose, unless you value your time below the minimum wage where you live. I don't.

Lol? Man. Hours? 10 minutes it takes cut UPC out, fill out registration, print, address envelope, stamp, and walk to the mailbox. Didn't know that was such a hassle. 10 minutes for 10 bucks? That's more than minimum wage.

As far as "a lucky draw"', I have gotten all my rebates ,even money making rebates.

Looks amazon needs to pay you for the rebate, why would anyone tape over the original barcode. Its common sense.

Lol? Man. Hours? 10 minutes it takes cut UPC out, fill out registration, print, address envelope, stamp, and walk to the mailbox. Didn't know that was such a hassle. 10 minutes for 10 bucks? That's more than minimum wage.

As far as "a lucky draw"', I have gotten all my rebates ,even money making rebates.

The phone calls to find out why there was no code in the box, or that the code is wrong and not accepted by a website registration, or that they accepted the code and didn't do anything about it, etc. etc. - almost everyone I speak to in the US who regularly uses rebates gets routinely conned like this. It's far easier just not to expect anything in the first place, especially over something like 10 dollars. It took me a good 2-3 hours of work to get my cashback voucher through for my Toshiba TV back in 2009, but that was for £100 so was worth doing. For small amounts like this I couldn't be bothered, if I didn't get it, I'd let it slide.

won't your CC help with it? If you show the claims person the offer, the statement that you bought the card on, and then vendor's refusal to honor it, the CC company should be able to do a charge back for the rebate amount.

@dikky I hate calling customer service, and the rep asks me, "What do you want me to do about it?" when I ask them, "Can you help me get my rebate or what should I do now?" Sorry to go off on a tangent, but it's similar to high school and how useless counselors can be. You're clueless about what to do and you expect guidance. They're paid to help you, but they cannot give you the answers you need - so unfortunate. That is partially why American education system is failing.

Back