• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New AMD system - not saving display setup / desktop settings

Snooble

Gawd
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
865
Hi

I recently upgraded to a full AMD rig and really enjoy it's performance. Prior to the full upgrade I had gotten the Vega 56 and plunked it into my old rig to check it out and never had any issues.Now that I run the full AMD system with a fresh install of Windows I'm having an issue where if the PC powers down the monitors (such as sleep mode, or the timer meets the mark and it powers down) upon wakeup the taskbar and most windows default to screen 1 instead of staying their original position.

I use my 4K TV as my main monitor, but my older Syncmaster as my secondary. I've never had an issue with this prior to reinstalling Windows (which I have done about 6-7 times trying to fix this issue - yay NVME!). I've tried all 3 driver settings to no avail.

Anyone have a potential solution?

Build :

Asus Strix Vega 56 (not flashed, all original)
MSI b450-A Pro
Ryzen 2600
GSkill 3200Mhz ram
120gig Corsair M300 NVME for OS
Samsung 55" 4K TV / Samsung Syncmaster monitor (secondary)
 
If you apply the display settings, and then do a proper shutdown and reboot, does the same thing happen? Or only if the system goes to standby?
 
If you apply the display settings, and then do a proper shutdown and reboot, does the same thing happen? Or only if the system goes to standby?

I've done that, as well as logging out, using a local and my regular account. Did a reset of Windows, reinstalled as well.

I learned that to install onto NVMe properly it wants to be the sole drive while installing, and for some reason prefers UEFI. I've installed it that way now and I'm hoping that it saves.

If not there might be something wrong with the Strix Vega 56 I bought. I really hope not, seems to run very nicely.
 
I've done that, as well as logging out, using a local and my regular account. Did a reset of Windows, reinstalled as well.

I learned that to install onto NVMe properly it wants to be the sole drive while installing, and for some reason prefers UEFI. I've installed it that way now and I'm hoping that it saves.

If not there might be something wrong with the Strix Vega 56 I bought. I really hope not, seems to run very nicely.

Sounds like your system thinks one of the monitors is "disconnecting" at some point. Did you try an older version of the Radeon drivers? I heard the new ones were having some quirky issues.
 
I might have to. The performance is great, but the fact that it's basically shutting off a monitor randomly or just stops detecting it is really pissing me off at this point. I wonder if the card could be fautly...
 
Back
Top