New AMD Catalyst 10.10e Hotfix Available

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
There is a new hotfix available. The download link on AMD's site isn't working now.

http://support.amd.com/la/kbarticles/Pages/GPU87AMDCat1010eHotfix.aspx

Download: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/203...hotfixes/catalyst_10.10e_hotfix_win7_nov9.exe

-----
Driver Packaging Version 8.782.1-101104a-108069E
-----

Updates in hotfix:
■The AMD Catalyst Control Center now features the new AMD Catalyst AI user interface options on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series (the new AMD Catalyst AI options were previously only available for the AMD Radeon 6800 Series)”
■Fixed cases where Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) was not being correctly applied to games (very intermittently)
■OpenGL 4.1 beta support
■Support for the new Morphological Anti-Aliasing feature
■Dead Rising 2 – Crossfire profile (Resolves negative scaling)
■Crossfire Performance Improvement for:
◦Metro 2033
◦F1 2011 - (Direct X9 version)
◦Fallout New Vegas
■Performance optimizations for systems with an AMD Radeon HD 6870 and AMD Radeon HD 6850 series of graphics products installed
◦Aliens versus Predator performance enhancements
◦Star Craft 2 performance enhancements
◦OpenGL performance enhancements – gains can be seen in Prey, Quake Wars: Enemy Territories, and Heaven v2
■Support for additional Stereo 3D-capable displays:
◦Viewsonic V3D241wm-LED
◦3D Projectors

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New CAP available. Released 11/12.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

Last edited:
Sa-weeeeeet!

Was waiting for this - I wasn't [H]ard enough to mod my drivers up until now. Can't wait to try them.

After how many hotfixes does it stop being a hotfix, and become a new driver version?

Hmm.. seems some people are seeing 10.11 in Windows Update.

Via guru3d forums: Ati 10.11 through windows update!?

Could just be blowing smoke. I haven't seen it in there, so who knows.

yup it's showing up for me in Windows Update under 'Optional Updates' with today's date on it...is it the hotfix driver or the standard 10.10 drivers?...normally when I reformat I get the ATI 10.8 drivers that always show up in Windows Update

Can anyone confirm if this fixed performance in Black Ops? I won't get off work for another 8 hours to try this out.

I skipped hotfix D in hopes of the improved E!!!

Frag on!

I like their frequent updates.

Maybe this will be a permanent part of policy if we're lucky.

yup have no problem with the frequent updates. gives people options and its not like they are changing 1 thing per driver. they are changing a bunch of things to benefit the gamer. ill take updating 10 times a month over getting 1 driver version then waiting a month for something to get fixed.

props to ya AMD/ATI keep it up. cant wait to go back to the red team when the 6970 comes out!

Do these add support for Morphological Antialiasing for the 5000 series of GPU's Catmaker said 48 hours ago that the MLAA would come within 48 hours?

*Sigh* Still no OpenGL fix. What good are new drivers and AA modes if all drivers newer than 10.4 completely break large swaths of games?

Do these add support for Morphological Antialiasing for the 5000 series of GPU's Catmaker said 48 hours ago that the MLAA would come within 48 hours?
Dude...read the first post in the thread. The changelog is right there...

Well on my lunch break went home installed the new hot fix and new app profiles then fired up Black Ops and I did get frame increase but it was still bad overall. I put all settings on normal no AA and turned off vsync and it was staying around 30 to 50 fps. I figure with 2 5870's I should be blowing this game out of the water but as of right now the performance issues with the game still suck ass.

Well on my lunch break went home installed the new hot fix and new app profiles then fired up Black Ops and I did get frame increase but it was still bad overall. I put all settings on normal no AA and turned off vsync and it was staying around 30 to 50 fps. I figure with 2 5870's I should be blowing this game out of the water but as of right now the performance issues with the game still suck ass.

Ok i'm glad you know it isn't your rig. This game is fuckin poorly optimized. I never looked into it but is it a console port?

I'm wearing my AMD shirt as I download this, should that be a problem :p "Puting Gamer's First." :D

Wow.

Page is also pointing to the wrong file (ends with nov5 instead of nov9). AMD really needs a better web developer.

Ok i'm glad you know it isn't your rig. This game is fuckin poorly optimized. I never looked into it but is it a console port?
no its just a horribly modified version of the CODWaW engine.

*Sigh* Still no OpenGL fix. What good are new drivers and AA modes if all drivers newer than 10.4 completely break large swaths of games?

Dude...read the first post in the thread. The changelog is right there...

sorry that graphic card companies and driver teams no longer give a shit about your 10+ year old openGL based games. they have made attempts to fix the popular openGL based games. ya want a game fixed maybe you should try contacting them. who knows maybe they will add it to list of old ass opengl games that people cry about to be fixed.

Wow.

Page is also pointing to the wrong file (ends with nov5 instead of nov9). AMD really needs a better web developer.

ahhhh excessive yellow on white.. im blind!!!!!! AHHHH!! damn you SK :p

Last edited:

Disable crossfire and you'll get 70+ fps, unless you're already doing so :(
Least that's what I did for my 4870X2 (I have to do this for most of my games - must be defective card:()

I installed this hotfix last night and enabled MLAA through the control panel. This morning I opened JDownloader (a Java-based downloader) and saw that it was blurred out completely. :confused: In fact, anything to do with Java was completely blurred out! :eek:

It took me a moment to realize that MLAA was actually being applied to Java programs and, apparently, Flash as well. So just a heads up that if you want MLAA, I would say only enable it when you are about to play a game.

Least that's what I did for my 4870X2 (I have to do this for most of my games - must be defective card:()

No it is usually the game. I had a 4870x2 and the same was true for me. Some games work, some don't. That is why I bought a 5870 and will get the 6970 or 6950 2gb. Get the fastest single gpu card you can.

I don't think I've experienced this yet. How does the hue appear? Is there a screen shot I can check out?

Go to Desktops & Displays and right click on the screen icon at the bottom and then select configure. Switch to the color tab and change either the Hue or Saturation setting, even just by one notch, and a tint can show up. It seems that if you've cleaned installed these, it shouldn't be there. If you're installed over older 10.10 releases it'll happen. It doesn't show up in screen shots, at least not with Snip.

Interesting I will have to try that.

Edit: Just tried, did not have that effect for me. I can't say that it played worse, but it definitely didn't help any.

Last edited:
So how do the new Catalyst AI settings work? With 10.10d, I would disable Cat AI so only one card would be used when I played Black Ops, since CFX isn't supported for Black Ops with the current drivers/app profiles. I would usually re-enable it for other games, but since I installed 10.10e Catalyst AI has remained on no matter what settings I have it at. As a result, my framerate takes a hit when I play Black Ops. Is there some way I can disable/re-enable Cat AI on 10.10e without having to disable CFX completely?

sorry that graphic card companies and driver teams no longer give a shit about your 10+ year old openGL based games. they have made attempts to fix the popular openGL based games. ya want a game fixed maybe you should try contacting them. who knows maybe they will add it to list of old ass opengl games that people cry about to be fixed.

Dude, get a clue. Just because a driver bug only effects older titles does not suddenly mean it's no longer a driver bug. All they need to do is implement an extension limit when an old version of OpenGL is in use, that would fix everything.

Nvidia has been doing this to allow older titles to run for quite some time, and it works perfectly. There should be nothing preventing ATi from doing exactly the same thing in their drivers.

If their not carefull, Nvidia might start gloating that their cards can run more games than ATi cards (which, with the current drivers, is completely true).

Sorry but that is complete crap. This effects games that are only a few years old for one. (maybe even more current)

Its a simple fix 2ndly, so to give any kind of excuse what-so-ever for not fixing it is just complete crap.

It's the driver teams JOB to make the drivers work for the people buying the card. It's one thing if we were talking about people having trouble playing Quake 1 in Windows 98 (at this current time) but that is not the case. We are talking Xp/Vista/Win 7 with reasonably aged (but semi-current) games.

So how do the new Catalyst AI settings work? With 10.10d, I would disable Cat AI so only one card would be used when I played Black Ops, since CFX isn't supported for Black Ops with the current drivers/app profiles. I would usually re-enable it for other games, but since I installed 10.10e Catalyst AI has remained on no matter what settings I have it at. As a result, my framerate takes a hit when I play Black Ops. Is there some way I can disable/re-enable Cat AI on 10.10e without having to disable CFX completely?

I don't understand what you are saying.

You can disable Catalyst AI the same way you have been able to for a long time, 3d settings, turn Catalyst AI to disabled, hit apply/save/close.

This disables Crossfire, just as it always has (at least for a loooong time).

What is different?

I don't understand what you are saying.

You can disable Catalyst AI the same way you have been able to for a long time, 3d settings, turn Catalyst AI to disabled, hit apply/save/close.

This disables Crossfire, just as it always has (at least for a loooong time).

What is different?

I installed 10.10e and they changed the settings for Cat AI. I know how it was before with the disable Cat AI checkbox, and then the slider is either Standard or Advanced. Now it's like this:

-Slider: Performance, Quality, High Quality
-Checkbox: Enable Surface Format Optimization
-Checkbox: Disable ATI CrossFireX power settings

There's no "Disable Catalyst AI" anymore. :confused::(

This effects games that are only a few years old for one. (maybe even more current)

Quite right. The lack of an OpenGL Extension Limit prevents the following games from running on ATi cards (not a complete list, mind you):

Quake III: Arena
Quake III: Team Arena
Call of Duty 1
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Tribes
Tribes 2
American McGee's Alice
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
GLTron
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force
Star Trek: Elite Force II
Doom 3
Quake 4
Prey

The list continues onward for quite a while, but you get the idea. There are a lot of games that their current drivers are incapable of running, and some of them are actually fairly new releases.
I'd like to stick with ATi, but the more new drivers I see them release without fixing this, the harder it is grin a bear it.

Last edited:
I think this pink hue issue isn't really much of an issue.

Infact, my monitor has it's own colour temp settings so I just had to dabble a bit.

I use the top menu bar in Google Chrome as the basis to adjust the colour because it's that perfect shade of grey.

Back