New AMD application profiles (10/13/2010)

Tamlin_WSGF

2[H]4U
Code:
ATI CrossFireX™ Application Profiles  
  Title	File Size	Version	Date Posted	Download
ATI Catalyst Application Profiles	456.7 KB	10.9a	10/13/2010	
This release of ATI Catalyst™ delivers support for the latest ATI CrossFireX™ profiles in a separate executable file ensuring users have access to the absolute latest set of profiles installed on their PC.
 - DX9
         - Multiplayer Medal of Honor CrossFire update
         - Darksider performance and CrossFire Anti-Aliasing update
         - NBA 2K11 CrossFire update
 - DX10/11
         - Stone Giant CrossFire update
         - Multiplayer Medal of Honor CrossFire update
         - CivV tweak CrossFire update
         - Hawx2 CrossFire update
         - F1 CrossFire update
         - World of Warcraft DX11 version CrossFire update
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

Looks like they hit a large list of games. Good, if we can keep this up we'll be in great shape. The NBA 2k11 fix surprises me.

Awesome, finally a fix for F1 2010 on Crossfire :D

When are these drivers and/or profiles coming out? I'm really interested for my 5970, anyone knows?

The profiles ARE out and available for download on the AMD website linked in the first post.

Woah WoW DX11 profile?
Didn't know WoW was going to support DX11...

It does as of this Tuesday when the 4.0.1 pre-cataclysm patch hit.

Pretty good to be getting an update only one day later, I guess 12 million players are hard to ignore :)

It does as of this Tuesday when the 4.0.1 pre-cataclysm patch hit.

Pretty good to be getting an update only one day later, I guess 12 million players are hard to ignore :)

Any new graphical enhancements in DX 11 for wow, like dx 11 quality water etc.. 6 pack to whoever posts pics first ;) (J/K) pics would be nice though

I tried this CAP last night with the 10.9a Hotfix drivers I had previously installed after first uninstalling the previous 10.9 CAP.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with them as they're pretty useless on my system. Both Darksiders and NBA 2K11 have CrossFireX disabled so they're running on just one card despite the release notes on the AMD site implying that they've added CrossFireX support. The galling thing is that Darksiders DOES work with CrossFireX if you force the Crysis CFX profile in japamd's superb RadeonPro tool (from Guru3D.com).

Also if you force anti-aliasing in Darksiders then you end up with corrupted graphics, although it does apparently work if you use the leaked v8.782 drivers that are intended primarily for the new HD 6800 series cards. That leads me to wonder if this CAP is actually for the 10.10 WHQL drivers that will be released this month. Forcing AA though incurs a big performance hit which might have been alleviated by having CrossFireX support but ATI in their infinite wisdom decided to disable it for Darksiders. How nice of them. :confused:

The Stone Giant demo still crashes to the desktop if I run it in fullscreen with tessellation set to high. I can get it to work if I run it in windowed mode though then press Alt-Enter to force fullscreen once it is running. Performance seems much the same though so I'm puzzled as to what this new profile actually does; it certainly hasn't stopped the fullscreen crash.

I'm interested in reading what other people think though.

The NBA 2k11 fix surprises me.

It will do when you try it because for me the fix amounted to disabling multi-GPU altogether!!! How is that 'supporting' CrossFireX exactly?

Strange really because apart from some odd graphical issues during the post-game highlight reel and some disappearing heads in the replays (which are likely game not driver bugs), the game was running fine in CFX with the previous 10.9 CAP!

I'm not playing NBA 2k11 but I must say, I love this profiles.

I've tried F1 2010, and finally I can see the water on the track with my 5970 :) (Before, you culdn't see it with crossfire or dual cards).

Also, it updated some crossfire things on Medal of Honor which released today in Europe and i'll be playing it tonight.

As well, World of Warcraft DX11 and Crossfire support.

This profile application is the best i've seen for ME. :D

All my favourite games fixed in 1 profile, awesome.

I've tried F1 2010, and finally I can see the water on the track with my 5970 :) (Before, you culdn't see it with crossfire or dual cards).

Well that's some good news then. :)

I did try F1 2010 last night but because I'm running with v-sync and triple buffering on at a constant 60 fps (except for a brief dip to 52 fps when the car leaves the paddock), I didn't notice any difference in performance. It was a dry race in Spain that I tested too so I didn't see any visual differences.

Well that's some good news then. :)

I did try F1 2010 last night but because I'm running with v-sync and triple buffering on at a constant 60 fps (except for a brief dip to 52 fps when the car leaves the paddock), I didn't notice any difference in performance. It was a dry race in Spain that I tested too so I didn't see any visual differences.

Nice, I'm from Spain :D

And yeah, I don't think we got a performance improvement, just bugs like the rain thing ^^ Which is sitll great news for me :D

I've just noticed that the new profile is for F1 2010 under DX10/11 and I'm running the game under the default DX9 (i.e. untweaked) so that's probably why I didn't notice any performance or visual improvements.

AA works with Darksiders if you install this CAP and the leaked 10.10 beta (v8.782) drivers by the way. Despite CFX being disabled in this CAP for the game, I still get 60 fps @ 1920x1200 with 4xMSAA forced, although the intermittent stuttering when the game auto-saves or streams data is still there unfortunately.

It will do when you try it because for me the fix amounted to disabling multi-GPU altogether!!! How is that 'supporting' CrossFireX exactly?

Strange really because apart from some odd graphical issues during the post-game highlight reel and some disappearing heads in the replays (which are likely game not driver bugs), the game was running fine in CFX with the previous 10.9 CAP!

so is stuff disappearing now? & was it scaling before? some games just fail with multi gpu

blur apparently had much worse minimums, so CF was disabled

Back