New 64 System need Advice ! please help =)

1st.Proplayer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
170
So I was thinking in Upgrading now on the 1st of february
the config I originally tought was

AMD 64 3500+ 939 BOX
MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM
EVGA 6800 (non ultra)
OCZ 1 GB rev3 LL

Is this config good? It will cost me 960 dollars

I was thinking of perhaps going to a PCI EXPRESS Nforce 4
These are the two mobos I found available
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-049&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-268&depa=1

do you guys think I should go to PCI Express ?? I dont want to spend more than 1000 bucks is it possible?

Is it really worth it?

like all the vid cards I found are out of stock and over priced.

Is it worth the investment or should I go with my standard system?

Thanks.
 
If I was building a mid range pc right now it would definitely be pci-e. Your best shot at a furure proof pc right now is a Socket 939 Sli board and those are expensive.
 
JSquid said:
If I was building a mid range pc right now it would definitely be pci-e. Your best shot at a furure proof pc right now is a Socket 939 Sli board and those are expensive.
SLI is not needed for a futureproof board, as its future is still uncertain (due to the recent nvidia SLI issues). AGP still has a long time to live but I would go with pci-e if you plan on keeping it as a main rig for more than 2 years.
 
Zxcs said:
SLI is not needed for a futureproof board, as its future is still uncertain (due to the recent nvidia SLI issues). AGP still has a long time to live but I would go with pci-e if you plan on keeping it as a main rig for more than 2 years.


i never said it was needed, i said that it was his best shot at a future proof board.
 
1st.Proplayer said:
I upgrade every year so I think there would be no problem right??

If you upgrade every year then i wouldn't worry about getting a PCI-E board. No point in going PCI-E unless your wanting one of the new PCI-E graphics cards which are currently hard to find at the higher-end segment.

What is that OCZ 1GB Rev3 LL memory? Are you talking about the OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev2?
 
Back
Top