New 6 Samsung 22" TFTs

kiajoon

Limp Gawd
Read from somewhere:

225UW will come equipped with a built-in 2.0M pixel high-resolution webcam, dual-array microphone and speakers. The monitor fully supports the wideband audio codecs, covering the full natural voice spectrum, resulting in exceptionally clear voice conversations. The monitor also incorporates a 2 port USB hub and dual inputs (DVI-D & Analog).

225MS will come equipped with Composite,HDMI, Component, S-Video input.PIP, HDTV Ready and supporting 1080i input.

225MW is similar to 225MS interms of outlook and specs. Size, weight, specs, panel and bezel is all the same, cant really tell what's the difference.

226CW is the upgraded version of 226bw with enhanced gamut color from 72% to 97%.

223CW is the budgeted version of 226bw with 5ms instead of 2ms.

2232GW is the same panel as 226bw with designer style TV-Look bezel. But from what i researched, this model should be gloss screen.

Darn, still no PVA or IPS panels for 22". THink I might just go for a 24".

226CW is the upgraded version of 226bw with enhanced gamut color from 72% to 97%.

i find it odd that a 6+2 TN panel would be use for high gamut. afaik they already struggle with colour reproduction, and then they are pushed to 92% gamut. can the produce that many colours, or am i missing something in how the technology works

225MS will come equipped with Composite,HDMI, Component, S-Video input.PIP, HDTV Ready and supporting 1080i input.

Just want to verify, this monitor will be 1680x1050?

2232GW is the same panel as 226bw with designer style TV-Look bezel. But from what i researched, this model should be gloss screen.

Should be interesting to see the 226BW's colour improved upon, from what i've read its it's main selling point. As for the 2232GW: I didn't think the 226BW's bezel was anything but a "designer style" bezel. Sounds nice.

Edit: for anyone else interested:

070620diysamsung226gw2hpq7.jpg

I thought it looked exactly the same, but then realised I was thinking of the 37" LCD TV i'd been looking at. BUHHHRR LOLOLOLOOOOOLROELT

More info on the 226CW: http://www.behardware.com/news/8930/first-look-at-the-samsung-sm-226cw.html

Samsung tried the same thing with the 931C. I think thats the part number anyway. 19 inch lcd with 97% coverage and a 6 bit panel. Causes some major banding. Had some customers test it out against a regualar 72% IPS panel and the colors looked way better on the 72% IPS panel. Just another marketing gimick.

I'd be interested to know too, hoping the same isn't the case for this as travbomb mentioned for the other. Having a guaranteed s-panel would be ideal.

Samsung has guaranteed all S panels after the last mambo jumbo incident. However they have also taken out all the signs of detection, unless you pry open the casing.

so basically on 226CW no one knows what kind of panel they'll be using? I just bought a 226bw and i don't like the dithering...

I will think the consumer mob will be keeping a look out and trying to catch out Samsung's tail again. It has become a kind of activity of attention now. All you need is to google a bit when the panel is out and all will be revealed. I will expect Samsung to send out panels to previous review sites to clear the air with a proper S panel, but what will be critical will be comparisiona and scrutiny from consumers who gets and pays for th eitem off the shelves.

Samsung has a name to uphold and I think they will not be so politically wrong to do repeat the same incident. Dell replaces panels in the same model as well along the way but at least they do it with more decent panels. I guess with the compensated TN panels if you do not have the tip top range all the others are not up to the mark at all and really show.

Back