• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New 4870 - DVD playback settings help

Khaydarin

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
2,534
Since I live at college, all my dvd's from home are ripped onto my computer - I play with with PowerDVD 8. I just got a new 4870, and PowerDVD 8 uses video acceleration through the card. My question is for those who are using the latest Catalyst Drivers (I'm using 8.12) is, what settings do you have for your video enhancement in the Control Center? I'm talking about settings such as edge-enhancement, de-noise, de-interlacing, etc. Thanks for the help!
 
In Avivo Video, I use application settings under Presets and Basic Color. Under Basic Quality: "auto deinterlacing" and "pulldown detection". I select the deinterlacing mode and control in my NV Purvideo DVD control options, and enable hardware acceleration in that control panel also. I would think your PowerDVD would work the same way.
 
From default settings, the only things I could imagine changing are EE and de-noise, which are instant offs.
 
Back
Top