New 3DMark On Steam

Much better looking benchmark than the previous shit known as 3dmark05 and 3dmark vantage. Those were god awful. At least this benchmark is more pleasing to the eye while it serves a small purpose.
 
Don't know what to make of it but the results look abysmal.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29070

Cloud storm 170236
Fire gate 27019
Ice strike 9009

Wtf?

Specs in sig and cards at stock. Will post overclocked results soon. Also 2600K was at 4.5 gigawatts.
 
I didn't like the excessive (ab)use of lens flare and bloom effects to be quite honest.
 
I remember 3dmark 99 through 2001SE, after that I didn't really care.

It would be smart to license the top 5 game engines and create a benchmark with most everything in mind which is what I think they used to do.
 
so Fire Strike is the only one meant for high end PC's...the others are for mobile devices and those with integrated graphics
 
.... If you want to run 3DMark at any higher resolution, you'll need to cough up $24.99.

*sigh*

Remember when it used to be FREE?!?
(dang i feel old now, ' yes children...once upon a time there was NO internet... and I had to walk to school up hill both ways in a snowstorm...' )
 
My god, [H] is surely DEAD!!!. Who needs gameplay and real world testing when anyone can do canned benchmarks.


I think we should do a Telethon so support Kyle and Co. now that they are going out of business :D:D
 
Ice Storm: 33811
Cloud Gate: 20903
First Strike: 5597

Something seems off. I should be getting higher scores. Probably the beta video driver I'm running. Meh, not worth changing drivers for a benchmark when everything else works..
 
I am running 313.96 and got
Ice Storm 142034
Cloud :22300
Fire Strike: 8207

So yeah you should be getting much more.
I noticed it is a bit pickier than Heave demo for OCing.
While my settings play any game and heave demo without issues I had to drop the core speed just a tiny bit in order to avoid a hardware device error.
 
172510
Graphics Score 347136
Physics Score 62489

CLOUD GATE
Result details
VALID RESULT
SCORE
23449
Graphics Score 43717
Physics Score 8941

FIRE STRIKE
Result details
VALID RESULT
SCORE
5645
Graphics Score 6085
Physics Score 12250
Combined Score 2402

3770k@4.6 with a EVGA 670 Firestrike killed my rig, however it's only a benchmark and you won't see any game in the next five years that will take my computer down.
 
Icestorm: 116474
Cloudgate: 17619
Firestrike: 5483
Specs: i920 @ 3.2, 6 GB ram, Gigabyte gtx670 stock speed

When I first started I forgot to turn off adaptive vsync so the frames were stuck at 60. Could that be the reason your score is low saturnine2?
 
Here's my result page for the run I did.

Ice Storm: 183172
Cloudgate: 30958
Firestrike: 12901

Specs are in sig, run was done with CPU at 4900MHz though, and GPUs at 1150/1700.

Catalyst 13.2b3 drivers.

All in all, it's pretty... hokey. Also takes forever to run, since you can't choose any options in the "demo" version. :mad:

Side note: I installed the recently released 13.2 beta 5 drivers, but they break Crossfire mode and test 3 bogs down horrendously. Went back to 13.2b3.
 
Last edited:
I'd appreciate if somebody could post "Fire Strike" graphics score of a completely stock GTX670 (915/6008) with the latest beta drivers. Interested to see how my GTX660Ti stacks up against the latter. :)
 
Last edited:
7970s be raping..

The tests definitely seem to favor them at this point, though who knows how that will change with subsequent driver updates or 3DMark revisions, to say nothing of the next silicon to hit the streets.

I managed to bump my Fire Strike score up to 13174 but I know it can go higher. I'm just losing the will to wait for the damn thing to run the sequences...

Updated: Well, got the FS score up to 13548... and now I'm officially bored with 3DMark.
 
Last edited:
Icestorm: 116474
Cloudgate: 17619
Firestrike: 5483
Specs: i920 @ 3.2, 6 GB ram, Gigabyte gtx670 stock speed

When I first started I forgot to turn off adaptive vsync so the frames were stuck at 60. Could that be the reason your score is low saturnine2?

its all rather subjective with little driver tweaks now isn't it?

I could probably bump up my score quite a bit more (firestrike 10500) disabling things or lowering the quality on other settings, by default my AO is quality, texture filtering is high quality, and forced multisample is on with global settings.
 
2500k@4.5
7950(1150/1250)

Icestorm 174183

Cloudgate 18783

Firestrike 6808
 
Here's my results:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/131414

Ice Storm
Score 176290
Graphics Score 386221
Physics Score 60739

Cloud Gate
Score 28455
Graphics Score 77086
Physics Score 8870

Fire Strike
Score 10131
Graphics Score 12533
Physics Score 12131
Combined Score 3774

Not sure why it reported the GPU Clocks at 810MHz, as I ran the core and memory at +50/+100 respectively.
 
Last edited:
I actually liked how it looked. I wasn't a heavy user of previous versions though to really compare.

These are my results:
 
meh

captureeciy.jpg


http://www.3dmark.com/fs/96231
 
how come I see a lot of people scoring 100,000+ in the Ice Storm test while I can't even reach 15,000?...my Fire Strike seems right for a GTX 580 but the other tests are supposedly for tablets and smartphones etc and yet I score really low in those...any reason why that is?
 
My guess would be that the load is so low that your vidcard isn't even going into performance mode.

BTW remember to turn off vsync just in case.
 
Finally got the thing to run once I got my new 7870 installed and did a little cleanup. Used it to test stability between overclocks and see if improvements were being made.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/167086
Combined Score: 2312

Ice Storm
Score: 134114
Graphics Score: 232626
Physics Score: 54031

Cloud Gate
Score: 14734
Graphics Score: 40849
Physics Score: 4551

Fire Strike
Score: 5241
Graphics Score: 6041
Physics Score: 6420

i7 920 @ 3.5 175blck 1.216v
12GB @ 1400 (8-8-8-22)
7870 2GB @ 1200/1300 +20% overdrive stock voltage
 
I stuck my 7970 in with my 7950 to try a little
frankenfire. My CPU ruins the overall score and
graphics hit 16395. Both cards were @ 1160|1635.

Fire Strike 10491

Graphics 16395 FPS 77.6/65.9
Physics 8037 FPS 25.5
Combined 3236 FPS 15.05

Valid result
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/184676

Driver used was 13.2 beta 5

The 7950 @ 1160|1635 by itself gets 8305 in graphics,
FPS = 39/33.5.

Valid result
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37856

Adding my 7970 to it at the same clock bumped the
graphics score up by 8090 and increased FPS to
77.6/65.9. So it added about 38.6/32.4 FPS.

I don't run Crossfire because I game with vsync
enabled on a single P-IPS 1920x1200 LCD. It would
be wasted on me the overwhelming majority of the
time.
 
Last edited:
I'd appreciate if somebody could post "Fire Strike" graphics score of a completely stock GTX670 (915/6008) with the latest beta drivers. Interested to see how my GTX660Ti stacks up against the latter. :)

Here are mine for an i5-2500k@4.3ghz and a stock Asus GTX 660Ti

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/196576

FIRE STRIKE

SCORE 4042
Graphics Score 4429
Physics Score 7278
Combined Score 1741

I just got this card last week and I think I'm feeling like I should go ahead and return it and get the GTX 670... I know it's a canned benchmark, but still...
 
My guess would be that the load is so low that your vidcard isn't even going into performance mode.

BTW remember to turn off vsync just in case.

turning off v-sync did the trick!...now my scores are what they should be for a GTX 580

 
Here are mine for an i5-2500k@4.3ghz and a stock Asus GTX 660Ti

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/196576

FIRE STRIKE

SCORE 4042
Graphics Score 4429
Physics Score 7278
Combined Score 1741

I just got this card last week and I think I'm feeling like I should go ahead and return it and get the GTX 670... I know it's a canned benchmark, but still...

Nah just get another one :) . lol

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/49424




Besides this looks to favor AMD as my GPU usage was only hitting 55-60%. New revision or optimized drivers should change that. Basically its bullshit telling me my 2500k@4.4Ghz can't feed two 660ti's in SLI fast enough. Crock!
 
Back
Top