• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New 2511X

Cally

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
512
Just got my new HP 2511X monitor and so far I think it is great. The blacks are really black compared to my old Acer monitor. Everything is just so much sharper.
I turned down the brightness to 50 and still think it is a tad too bright. Is there a guide to adjust the settings numbers?
 
I'd use the Windows 7 calibration tool. Its good enough to get monitors to where they look comfortable and "good" to the individual user - even if they are perfect compared to what a colormeter would say is correct.

I have an HP w2207h with a glossy screen. Its good for a TN monitor. Rich colors and deep blacks. I would have jumped on a 2511x after my good experience with it, but that model doesn't have VESA holes (for an after market stand) and it only adjusts for tilt. My old one adjust for height and tilt. Too bad HP switched to a cheapo stand.
 
Jeffery Thanks for that information. I didn't know about the windows calibration tool. I wasn't off by much and the little difference helped.
 
Back
Top