• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

new 23" 8ms

do you think any of sites will have reviews of this monitor? They also have a 30+" lcd tv with a 8ms response time as well. I want to see how these monitors do playing the latest games
 
Yeah, I've seen those LCD TV's listed with 8ms response times. Makes me wonder why I haven't read about anyone giving it a try. If it is decent for gaming, plus you can tune in The Simpsons via Picture-in-Picture while you troll Intertron forums...
 
go go michigan club kino woot a dollar could win 100,000 bucks and they draw every 5minutes :)
 
Im a bit excited about the planar screen. We'll see in august when someone has tested them.
 
jienn said:
Im a bit excited about the planar screen. We'll see in august when someone has tested them.

Heck, let's wait until someone pries them open and discovers they use the same panels as existing panels like the ACD 23" ... ;-)
 
the planar lcd is 8ms grey to grey. wasnt there an article about how companies do that to make it seem like their lcds have lower response times?
 
Hey, I'm real curious about the planar and sceptre and a new viewsonic with exact same specs
http://www.fastresponsetime.com/en/VP2330wb_uk.pdf

I believe it uses the AU Optronics pannel that is a 23' version of what's in the VP191b. The new "holy" pannel is mentioned on behardware here http://www.behardware.com/articles/567-5/23-and-24-lcd-monitors-roundup.html . They have always been in the vp191b worship camp but I hav yet to read anything from users praising it's versatility and responce. Unless these displays are truely brilliant, I dont see how planar or viewsonic can pawn off the $1500+ price tag on consumers when you have the dell 24 and HP 23 at around $1000 from the manufacturer and also dispalys like this http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._123-_-Sceptre-_-60-_-Electronics_BCEmail_123 from sceptre, $380 for a 20' widescreen. Granted you get 3 more inches with the new monitors here but is that really worth 3, even 4 20' sceptres??!! That's the difficult rationalization there. For the price+tax of a 23' viewsonic/planar, you could buy FOUR 20 inch wide screen sceptre displays.

yikez
 
just finished reading the M230UW01 V1 pannel pdf tech specifications and the Tr for this pannel is 15ms and Tf is 5ms. That menas an on/off responce of 20ms. That's not awsome. I couldn't find a tech sheet for the M190EG01 V0 which is the pannel used for the 191b. If the 191b has a better than 20ms on/off time then fans of that monitor are going to be dissapointed with the new batch of 23''.

In comparison to the HP 2335, the hp's Tr+Tf is 16ms with an average (typical) greg to greg of 12ms, which is the max greg2greg responce of the M230UW01. I think HP wins here.
 
Back
Top