• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New 23-24 inch Mnitor

mit

n00b
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
23
I have been using two regular 19 inch monitors for a while now and gaming isn't all that great at 1280x1024. I was looking at the LG W2453V and the LG W2353V. Any comments on either monitor? Is there a better monitor at this price range that I am overlooking? Is getting the 23 inch monitor good, or should I go ahead and get the 24 inch; I don't want to regret anything later.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005125&cm_re=lg_23-_-24-005-125-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005126&cm_re=lg_24-_-24-005-126-_-Product
 
Depends on your intended usage. I think the NEC 23 inch IPS sounds like a winner for it's size/price class. I am waiting for the price to drop on it or for some kind of discount before buying though.
 
I would be using it mostly for gaming and other basic stuff like web surfing. My main question is whether to get the 24 inch monitor or the 23 inch monitor. And I apologize for the typo in the thread's title.
 
Most all the monitors I am looking at around this size seem to be 1920x1080 though. It's almost as if the 1920x1200 LCD market has died down. Are they any tn-panel monitors just as good as those lg's at 1920x1200?
 
I am looking to get one of these soon, so I'm trying to get opinions on whether a smaller 23-inch with a smaller dot-pitch is better, or if the bigger 24-inch with a bigger dot-pitch is better for gaming and reading internet pages.
 
They're exactly 120 pixels less good. That's it. I don't mind 1080P on my big 42" plasma, but for reading text and webpages, less resolution drives me nuts. Here's a good way of thinking about vertical resolution and what you're losing:

* A 24" widescreen 1920x1200 panel is really just a 20" 1600x1200 screen with extra width.
* A 16:9 aspect 21/22" panel at 1600x900 is really about the same as that old 19" 1440x900 panel you may have had 2 years ago with a few extra pixels!
* A 15.6" notebook "HD" screen at 1366x768 is effectively not much higher resolution than an old XVGA (1024x768) screen or better than the 1280x800 screens it replaced.
 
But everywhere I look, 1920x1200 monitors are more expensive and there does not seem to be as wide of a selection.
 
They're exactly 120 pixels less good. That's it. I don't mind 1080P on my big 42" plasma, but for reading text and webpages, less resolution drives me nuts. Here's a good way of thinking about vertical resolution and what you're losing:

* A 24" widescreen 1920x1200 panel is really just a 20" 1600x1200 screen with extra width.
* A 16:9 aspect 21/22" panel at 1600x900 is really about the same as that old 19" 1440x900 panel you may have had 2 years ago with a few extra pixels!
* A 15.6" notebook "HD" screen at 1366x768 is effectively not much higher resolution than an old XVGA (1024x768) screen or better than the 1280x800 screens it replaced.

I'm sorry - but what was that about? I mean, bananas are yellow, yeah?
 
Back
Top