• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New 2005fpw. Some questions

napol30n

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
84
Is this just plug and play and perfect? like i can get the proper resolution, but do i have to screw around with the settings for a better picture, cause honestly im not that impressed (upgraded from 9 year old Dell 17" CRT?

Also The DVI cable came broken. The stand alone prong came out of its slot, i just shoved it back in and it works but i dont know if i should call for a new one.

Also how many dead pixels does there have to be for it to be covered under the warentee?

I cant get a portrait mode resolution. How would one go abouts doing this? The dell CD rom wont read, I have the latest catalyst drivers, but i cant get into the catalyst control panel (my comp is screwed i know i need to reformat really soon)
 
The only adjustments I made were turning the brightness down on the monitor itself and then turning the gamma down to about .75 or .70 in my drivers. Without doing those things, I found the picture to be overly bright and somewhat blown out.

Portrait mode doesn't really have its own resolution - it's not like you select 1050x1680 instead of 1680x1050. Your card's drivers (if they work) should have a rotation setting where you can either directly select portrait or else select rotate some number of degrees (90, -90, 270) depending on the drivers and which way you actually turned the monitor.

I came from a 7 year old 17" CRT and I was definitely impressed by the 2005fpw. Mainly I noticed how it was so much brighter and the colors were a lot more vivid. After using it a while, I also came to appreciate the sharper text. My only annoyances are that I got an early one that has some backlight bleeding in the top right corner and that with small fonts, letters sometimes take on a colored tinge (which could be because of truetype, it's most noticeable with something like lllllllllllllll). I was able to count several dead or stuck pixels, mostly when there's a black background, but I don't see any of them during normal use.
 
Back
Top