Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by bigdogchris, Nov 21, 2017.

1. bigdogchris

bigdogchris Wii was a Novelty

Recently announced. More info coming.

I've been a huge proponent of the existing Enhanced Edition titles by them. They have all been very good with tons of improvements. But so far this trailer has really left me worried about the value of the title. It looks almost identical to the original release.

2. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

-Improved Display: Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on your chosen resolution including 1080p and 4k.

-Advanced Graphics Options: Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Enable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options as preferred.

-Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.

-Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights. A galaxy of community created content awaits.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...verwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-for-pc.aspx

3. bigdogchris

Other than the GUI and aspect ratio I do not notice any better graphics. They should have improved the character and background art.

I guess I'm going to have to see it side by side with the original to notice a difference.

Seelenlos and Armenius like this.
  4. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

Holy shit. I used to run a really popular NWN server called godspire. I will pick this up the moment it comes out

revenant and Armenius like this.
  5. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

6. bigdogchris

One aspect I really forgot is that even if this version doesn't have that many major changes, the fact is Beamdog has done very well at supporting their titles well-past release. I expect NWN:EE to continue receiving updates/fixes for at least a couple years. I'm confident more changes and improvements will come. In addition, modern OS support is always good. Many older games from late 90's/early 2000's do not run on x64 OSes. It will be nice to fire up these old games without having to use a bunch of fixes or secondary OSes.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  7. Web4Life

Web4Life [H]Lite

Those texture are pretty

GOD'SlittleSERVANT likes this.
  8. Glyphic

Glyphic [H]ard|Gawd

I will definitely pick this up as well. I used to play on one of the top rated PW's. I wish I could remember the world/server name. It was originally Tarala or something like that and the userbase all migrated to a new server run by one of the players, Salvanas

9. chenw

chenw 2[H]4U

As long as they don't update the rulebook, I am interested, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of change in terms of graphics, looks a bit more like an update.

10. bigdogchris

boocake

Oh geeze please do not derail my thread with this crap, I will report it. The person that I think was responsible for that character no longer works for them anyways. Time to move on.

11. boocake

boocake Limp Gawd

My bad, sorry about that- didn't intend on to derail. I'll redact the content in my post.

12. bigdogchris

After watching the past two streams it seems like this enhanced version is still early in development. There are going to be a lot of changes coming before and after release. They do plan/want to revamp the UI after release it just will take a lot of work.

My confidence is growing that this is going to be a good product.

13. bigdogchris

Looks like they are working on optional HD character models. Looks really cool. You'll see before and after. Later on they explain it's just a sample and that this is not a finished model, just showing you the style they are going for.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    cageymaru and Seelenlos like this.
  14. DedEmbryonicCe11

DedEmbryonicCe11 [H]ard|Gawd

So in another year we might see something like Skyrim's "Static Mesh Improvement Mod" for this?

15. Domingo

Domingo [H]ardForum Junkie

The main advantage of this is the UI scaling IMO. Playing older RPG's is torture above 720p. That was even the case with the first Dragon Age. I had to play it at 720p just so I could read the text.

16. NoOther

NoOther [H]ardness Supreme

You should let us know, I used to play a bit of NWN, wouldn't mind maybe playing some more with good people.