NeverWet $20

This stuff is good for certain applications. Worked wonderfully on my wife's umbrella, but basically ruined my black leather loafers. I can't see this stuff working on any leather or suede, as it turns them a frosted bluish white, like they were left outside in Siberia during the winter or something. Ah well...at least they are super waterproof now.

Skipping ahead here, but going to drop some science on you foo's.

This works using the "lotus leaf effect", in which billions of tiny bumps in the surface use water's natural surface tension to float the water across the bumps over a pocket of air and never actually touching the surface and thus sticking to it.

The first spray is a bonding agent. The second spray creates the unique texture.

Because its a texture and relies on water's surface tension:
1) Anything to rubs off the texture kills the effect, so high pressure water, scrubbing with a brush, and even just handling it like say sitting on a lawn chair at lot that you sprayed.
2) Anything that screws with water's surface tension or ability to float on bumps will mess it up, including soap of course or even just the light oils on your hand that are rubbed in as you pick it up and handle it (reason you leave fingerprints on glass).

Now you can of course use soap to clean the surface, and once the soap is washed off and it dries it should again work just like before because the texture is still there.

It will also leave a white haze and slight gritty feeling for anything you spray it on.

So the applications aren't infinite, and the stuff isn't cheap (those cans aren't very big).

BTW, knowing this I still bought it for my cat's litterboxes. The real question will be if the litter itself is abrasive enough that it will kill the texture.

If not, then it should prevent any pee clumps from sticking and also naturally will have anti-bacterial properties which is nice.

ordered, just to play with at least.

im thinking i will use it on all my cups :)

maybe my shoes, maybe my phone.

ordered, just to play with at least.

im thinking i will use it on all my cups :)

maybe my shoes, maybe my phone.
Considering how much white powder came off after I applied it, yeah, I wouldn't use it on anything that comes in contact with food.

Unless you believe you are low on vitamin polymer.

Back