• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Never realized how useful Electron Microscope is :D

SilkenRogue

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 3, 2001
Messages
1,219
I finally started using EM for my 4 machines at home about two weeks ago. It's really nice being able to instantly see when there's a problem somewhere, or estimated time of completing for your proteins, or even just for the handy points display.

It's so damn handy I wonder how I got along without it before.

Anyone with more than 1 computer should be using Electron Microscope :cool:

Most people here probably already are using it, but there may be some new guys who aren't
 
Yeah, we've been using it so long that nobody even mentions it anymore. This is a good oportunity to get a mention in for a great program by LPerry since many new people probably haven't seen it mentioned before. Get it at www.em-dc.com - you'll wonder how you did without it for so long!
 
And when you do, mash his pay pal button - he puts in a lot of work and deserves the kudos.
 
My garden at the office is monitored by EMIII from the server on the network. If I want to check on the garden from home I use pcAnywhere to the server. Very useful. At home, even with just one cpu, I use EMIII. I afraid to say how much time I spend watching those frames click away.:eek:

100000.gif
 
Yah, at home the other night I noticed the little bulb flashing red. Discovered my home server had locked up for the first time in like a month, on a p1000. It's a stock 2400+ on a K7S5A board, got it on a cheapo Belkin KVM with my main rig.

When I rebooted it didn't come up :( so I assume the K7S5A has lost its bios settings YET AGAIN (does it every time it powers down) and the KVM can't switch over to it in that state.

So it's down for now until I can hook it up to a monitor and reset the BIOS crap. I'm about ready to toss that K7S5A and get a cheap Nforce 2 board for that machine.... ugh.
 
If not for LPerry, the monitoring of my little 14 node garden would be a nightmare of mojo-like proportions! Thanks be to the WeatherMan....:D
 
Works for me. :D

What is EM Web Server? It is a down and dirty, quick and easy personal server that you can launch at any time that makes a folder on your computer visible to others on the Internet who have a browser. You can set up a web page in any folder on your hard drive, or even a network drive, add files for downloading, links, etc. and push a button. Your web folder is immediately available to anyone you give the IP address and port number to. Saves a lot of hassle when you want to be able to post temporary files or pictures... just about anything.

EM Web Server was written specifically to allow a person using Electron Microscope III, to track Folding at Home clients from anywhere an internet connection and a browser is available, but it can be used for any web service activity. It is easy to check on the status of folding clients by using a browser to access the auto generated stats files using the newest features in EM III. No fancy programs or setups. It's really stupid simple... just the way I like it.

EM Web Server is available now. The basic version can transfer HTML pages, gif and jpg pictures, and text files from only the folder EM Server is running in. You can choose any port you like. The default port should work fine for most people, but if you don't want to specify a port number when using a browser, you can just put 80 in the box for the server port. Once started, your IP address is shown in the Title Bar of the Server. If you are behind a proxy server or a router and you have an internally designated IP address, you will have to set the proxy server or router up so that your IP address and your port selection for the server have the incoming information transferred to it, and information has to be able to go both ways (in and out). This also means you need to know your real IP address. This is a safety feature to try and keep people from using this program as a trojan as the registered version does have stealth capabilities. More on that stuff when I finish the detailed instructions. The current instructions are very basic.
 
Back
Top