Never played CS:S -- best way to learn?

playing original r6 for 6 years, playing css came as a shock.

i was liek wtf, everyone getting headshots on me, thought i was playing a buncha cheaters. only took me 3 days to get used to the gameplay tho.

Lazy_Moron said:
Yeah dont give up, exspeically if you attend lans, because its played alot at them. From what I gather from alot of forums, is that CS has about a one month learning curve.

Just dont try to do some rambo crap and you should be fine. I think alot of people have problems with the recoil. Shoot in bursts, so you keep your recoil down.
although i agree, as you get better, doing rambo crap works well. As i see it, the better you get, the more nubbish you seem to play. At least, that's how it works for me.

i didnt read the previous posts but...play on ur own server with bots (only give then knives, then handguns, etc.) then play on servers with only a few people, slowly working up to more full servers. master the deagle, colt and ak, (then awp). learn to use fb and nades. follow others (let them go first), but dont play like a pus easiest way to die. dont stay in one spot if the enemy knows ur there (get to him first). use ur sound and shadows. lesson over

You have to understand that in pubs, CSS isn't about tactics, it's all about individual skill. One guy can easily take down another team depending on either side's skill level.

dmonkey said:
You have to understand that in pubs, CSS isn't about tactics, it's all about individual skill. One guy can easily take down another team depending on either side's skill level.

That is until the other team freaks out at that guy with words like 'faggot' and 'hacker' until he leaves. :rolleyes:

mickey987 said:
That is until the other team freaks out at that guy with words like 'faggot' and 'hacker' until he leaves. :rolleyes:
I love when I pwn that people immediate think I'm a hacker and I get kicked. :mad:

ekorazn said:
although i agree, as you get better, doing rambo crap works well. As i see it, the better you get, the more nubbish you seem to play. At least, that's how it works for me.

Yes going "Rambo style" works. It only works when you know how to play the game, and have been playing for a while. When you are new to the game, going rambo usually fails horribly.

Lazy_Moron said:
Yes going "Rambo style" works. It only works when you know how to play the game, and have been playing for a while. When you are new to the game, going rambo usually fails horribly.

advance flashes on de_dust2 long a = 3 kills minimum every time I do it :p

When practicing CS, take what you know about logical and physical sense, and reverse it. You'll be good in no time.

Learn while you burn. (not a CS player...don't like waiting to respawn, and don't really care for the game play)

Back