never had a problem like this before

Odellus

[H]ard|Gawd
so a couple of months ago i broke a piece of my ath-a700s, didn't affect the headphones at all. obviously it upset me, but they're fine. now, a week or two ago i started hearing noise whenever i rubbed my feet on the ground or my dog touched me. that's pretty weird, right? how is my headphone cable conducting static electricity? now a few days ago i started having this problem where my dog would bump into my computer case and my phone, plugged into the front panel usb, would disconnect. that's pretty annoying. and now when she does that, my mouse driver crashes and then stops and starts over and over until i end the process. that's really weird. a few minutes later, i get a blue screen. i thought my overclock had become unstable or something so i downclocked. same exact thing happens again the next day. put it all the way down to stock clocks. same exact thing happens again. realized it wasn't my overclock that was the problem and went back to my normal oc. same thing happens again. and again. and again... what's the deal? how is static electricity being transferred into my components to where it's causing these crazy problems? how can i fix it?

You live in a dry environment, adding more relative huminidy in the air would help.
Either way ground your case properly

It really sounds like either your case is not grounding through your power supply properly, or that you have a faulty power cable, or a bad ground at the wall.

First thing, get one of those little plug in wiring checkers that has the 3 lights on it. They check polarity and grounding on a wall socket. Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight Tools, etc has them.

If it indicates any problem, get an electrician to look at it.

If it says everything is fine, then try swapping out your power supply cable.

Back