• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

never been good at oc. need help!

Good Lord

n00b
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
20
Hello everyone,

I've been overclocking these 2 PCs

Giga DS3 rev 3.3/ Asus P5N32-E-SLI
E6300/ E6300
Enermax liberty 400W/ Enermax liberty 620W
Stock cooling/ Zalman CNPS9700NT
Geil 667 2g dual channel/ Geil 800 2g dual channel

Never got farther than 0.2GHz increase, or it hang. Pathetic right?

Please help me out teachers. Thanksssssss

PS. -I did carefully increase the fsb 1-3mhz each restart
-I carefully increased the Vcore little by little as 0.025-0.05, i finally hit 1.375 normally my Vcore is at 1.213
-I never mess with ram config. in the bios, only the RAM voltage which i carefully increased
 
My rig has none of the tempo problem, i got a decent venting, my rig temp is around 28-45 55max.

The link is very nice tho i'll be taking sometime to finish reading it.

Thankssss SDraconis
 
good lord. Make sure you have the essentials first.

ITAT to measure temptatures.
Orthos - to run stability tests after overclocking

And info is needed. What are your current settings. You need to elaborate what your doing. NEVER TRY TO OC . IF you do not know what your doing. You may risk damaging parts.

Soo Info needed. Current numbers in bios.

VCORE
FSB
MEM Voltage
etc etc etc
 
I've been overclocking 4 systems already none of them work perfectly, I have an average knowledge on OC.

I'm overclocking the gigabyte ds3 BIOS F9 rev 3.3 right now. I got it up to 2.1GHz now after reading the link SDraconis sent.

-I set all the voltage to auto as the mobo suggest (if set to manual), and Vcore is at 1.398
-I set the RAM ratio to 1:1
-Multiplier 6 x FSB 350 = 2.1GHz
-OC on intel stock cooling, temp is quite high 66C
-I've downloaded the essentials as the link suggested (CPUZ, TAT, CoreTemp, Orthos)
 
Back
Top