Networking Vista and Macbook Pro

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey, I just got a macbook pro today, and I am loving it. I need to network my Vista desktop (sig) to my new apple to be able to transfer files and things like that.

I am a total mac noob, and have no idea what I am doing. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Go into "Sharing" located in System Preferences. Click on the box labeled "File Sharing" and then just add the volumes on your mac that you want to share.

Go into "Sharing" located in System Preferences. Click on the box labeled "File Sharing" and then just add the volumes on your mac that you want to share.

Actually in the time since I posted this thread, I figured that part out and it seems to work fine. More importantly, I want to transfer files from the PC (Vista) to the MBP (Leopard).

I think it may have something to do with joining the proper workgroup? How do I do that on a Mac?

The way I did it, just by messing around, type \\(mac's username) in an address bar, it'll prompt you for their username/pw, typed that in and it allowed me access to all the files.

I think that only worked on XP though...

Back