Networking Problem - Can't host online games

dagon11985

Gawd

Modem: 4200 Siemens, Speedstream.

Problem: Recently I moved to a rural part of my state. Sadly, I had to switch from Comcast Cable to Windstream's DSL. Since changing ISPS, I've been unable to host my Neverwinter Nights mod. For all intensive purposes, I appear "invisible" to my friends. Attempts to ping me result in time out errors.

I setup a static IP address (I think I did it correctly, but I could be wrong...) and attempted to do some port forwarding. I had a friend double-check my work and he verified I did everything correctly. Still a no go. My friends do not see my server listed in Gamespy. They cannot ping or direct connect to my server.

Two days ago I sent an e-mail asking if they were blocking the ports needed to host NwN (I specified which ports.) Thus far Windstream has not replied. I will also note that Windstream does -not- seem willing to give any tech support or help with port forwarding or any issues of this nature.

Here are the instructions that I followed. Thus far they haven't helped me.

I used the website you recommended. I tested a port, and the website indicated that the port is "stealthed." Maybe I am messing up somewhere along the lines?

Back