• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Networking help

blksun000

n00b
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
38
Hi everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble here. I have a computer with ubuntu linux that I would like to use as a server for my LAN. I have three windows computers that will be behind the server and one printer I would like to be shared by all. In addition, I also have an xbox that I would like to be able to connect to xbox live through said server (thought if this is difficult it can be ignored). I don't really know anything about linux and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to do and what order I need to do it in to get this up and running. I would like the server to assign ips via dhcp if possible. Also, if anyone knows of any good tutorials geared to people who don't know a lot about what is going on that would be great. Thanks in advance to all who help me out on this.

 
What is this server going to be doing? Just acting as a router or serving Apache or acting as a NAS or something else?
If it's just going to be acting as a router you could check out ClarkConnect or SmoothWall (both of those links go to reviews of these distros on skullbox.net which is fairly unbiased.)
 
Back
Top