Networking help - computer sharing issue

pegasus75

Gawd
Hey guys, I need some help in trying to solve an issue that we have in our small company.
We are a small business of 4 people, and none of us are IT expert :(, but we know a little bit about networking. A little bit of background of the issue:

We have 4 PC & 2 laptops, all of them are still running XP, except for one PC which is running Windows 7. Everything was running great for several years. We can access all the files in other PCs (wired) or laptops (wireless) back & forth thru network via Linksys Router & AT&T DSL modem. Then last week, our Phone bill shot up sky high, and AT&T recommended us to upgrade to AT&T U-verse, so we did. & then, now we can access other PCs thru the network (wired) EXCEPT for the laptops which are both connected to the Network via WIRELESS. For some reason, all the PCs couldn't find both laptops now. The At&T U-verse consists of a Motorola modem/Router but i think the AT&T tech used it as a bridge? (idk 100%) bec. they are still using my linksys router.

What could be an issue here? any help will be appreciated. I know there are many ways to transfer files (wired, usb etc) back & forth to the laptops, but me & my colleagues just want to know what could be an issue here. is it the At&t router/modem that block it? bec. that's the only thing that changed recently in the setup.

Thx again for the help

Are you able to ping the laptops? It's possible their firewall re-enabled, you can try disabling it.

Not able to ping, i did disable the firewall in both laptops, but still no go.
I hate to disable any firewall on the router though

The router shouldn't have anything to do with your inability to ping the laptops, unless there's a setting in there that blocks the ICMP protocol, which is what pings use.

Can you ping the desktops from the laptops? Try hard wiring the laptops to the network via switch or directly to the router, see if you can ping them.

I'd go for a setting in the router myself. I think that there is something, at least partially, separating the wired from wireless.... for whatever reason....

Can the desktops ping the other desktops by any chance? And can the laptops ping the other laptops?

Just a thought....

What are the IP addresses for the laptops? What are the IP addresses for the PCs?

It is Fixed now...Thx guys. But I basically redo all the sharing configuration, do some refreshing, & NOW everything is good.

Back