networked printer problem

Spearboy

Limp Gawd
the network printer at my work seems to be going crazy this morning. For some reason it wont print. everyone on the network can see the printer, connect to it and it states that it is ready. i can connect to the web based interface for the printer and print up configuration information, however i can not print test pages from windows, nor any document from windows. to sum it up the printer doesnt print at all except from the web based configuration. i reinstalled the printer and rebooted every maching and printer on the network. any suggestions on how to fix. btw its a hp laserjet 4100N

I'd reset the printer to defaults and then put in the IP address again and see if that works.

Sounds like a network problem. The web based console is stored on the printer....so if you can print from there and manually from the printer itself, the problem lies back from there. Is the server queue set up right? You can try reseating the jet direct card, but that seems to be functioning correctly since you can access the web-based console. If your not using a print server and just doing direct IP printing, did the printer's address change?

djnes said:
Sounds like a network problem. The web based console is stored on the printer....so if you can print from there and manually from the printer itself, the problem lies back from there. Is the server queue set up right? You can try reseating the jet direct card, but that seems to be functioning correctly since you can access the web-based console. If your not using a print server and just doing direct IP printing, did the printer's address change?

thats what doesnt make sense. nothings changed. all settings are as they were when i set it up 6 monthes ago. its not on a print server, just assigned by dhcp and the ip is the same as its always been. for some reason whenever someone prints it just sits there in the queue waiting to go. every machine when they click on the printer states that the printer is ready, the web interface states that its online, and the dam printout from the printer states that its ready. nothing makes sense since it worked fine yesterday and nothing has changed since. i swear to god the cleaning crew comes in a f**ks up our computers every night. i have more problems here that start out, it worked fine last night now its not working this morning

Back