Network works fine, windows file sharing intermittent

I have a virtual machine, that as of the last time it was booted worked fine. I have changed my network card since I last booted it, but reconfigured bridged Ethernet, and am able to browse the web perfectly from within it. I can also connect to the host's windows share perfectly, and can browse around. However, attempting to download files "crashes" the VM's explorer (It stops responding, then eventually spits out "cannot read from source file or disk". Virtually every other operation does the same thing. Specific problems including going up a dir takes an excessively long time, reconnecting without rebooting is extremely slow, icons for executables are missing (almost every other icon is properly present), etc.
What happened? All of my troubleshooting experience with windows shares involves getting connected; I have never had any issues once connected. The host's share, btw, works fine on other machines, and other machines shared work fine for the VM. Both the VM and the host OS (heck, and the file I am trying to get) are on the same disk, might that have something to do with it? Thanks for your time.

could be a bad driver for the NIC that you swapped in, see if there is a newer version........ if there is a problem with the NIC on the host OS, then it will cause the virtual NIC to be flaky since it's technically using your real NIC.............. Had a NIC driver that caused corruption of files when copying from Win2k3r2 machine to XP hosts (bad driver on XP hosts) and it was impossible to run installers.....

Well, the odd thing is thatit worked fine with one of my other computers, I ended up using said machine as a go-between to get it to work. My current NIC driver seems to work perfectly for the host OS, but next time I run into this I will look at some updates.

Back