Network with both wired and wireless PCs

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to setup a network with both a wired desktop and a wireless laptop. All the I have found online in regards to networks requires either all wired or all wireless setups. The few I found on how to setup this type of network weren't very clear or didn't work. I have a Buffalo WHR-G125 router, a desktop with an onboard nvidia nic running XP Pro SP2, and a Gateway laptop with an onboard Intel nic running XP Pro SP1. Connecting to the internet works flawlessly, but I can't seem to enable file and printer sharing between the two PCs. Any advice or links to guides will be appreciated. Thank you.

are both computers within the same workgroup?

I can use file and print sharing just fine on my home network, and we have only 1 wired computer (mine, fu slow wireless) and 3 wireless laptops. You don't have to use only one standard...

the problem is with the settings, the network is designed to have both on it. Don't look at it as a wired or wireless just look at them as computer in the same network, try running your setup again on both computers or if you know whats going on set it up manuelly instead of using xp autmative crap

Back