network w/ wirless connection

MaKaVe|i

Limp Gawd
Ok I want to connect 3 computers that we have in my house using our wireless broadband connection, we have cable internet, How do I set it up so we can share files, that is all I want to do, thanks.

Well if you don't already have one, go out and get a wireless router. You can hook this up to your cable modem and have wireless access in your house. If your going to be going wireless on all the computers you will need to pick up some sort of wireless adapter for them (USB, PCI, etc.) After you have everything all set up and ready to go, all you have to do is enable file sharing in windows on the drives or folders you want to share on the network. Also make sure all your computers are on the same workgroup. I hope this helps.

i already have the wireless hardware setup, now i just need like step by step to setup file sharing

Google.

If you want a step by step walkthrough google your OS and file sharing. No shortage of pages that will go into the detail your asking about. Too much to type in a forum post.

ex. Google search - XP file sharing

That's it.

Back